:bigparty:
:yay::yay::yay:

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Here's the article:

GM reports 10,000 Camaro pre-orders

Back in October, General Motors reported that it had already received some 6,000 advance orders for its new fifth-gen Camaro. Despite the fact that the first car has yet to be delivered to a paying customer (that's scheduled to take place in February, with the first one selling at the upcoming Barret-Jackson auction next month), pre-orders are not slowing down, with GM now reporting a total of 10,000.

Full article: Autoblog

That is awesome! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but Ford made 160,412 2005 Mustangs. And the Camaro has been available to order for over 2.5 months. Don't flame, I love the Camaro, but they need to make at least 40,000 to impress me.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but how many 2005 Mustangs were made? 190,000 comes to mind. Could be wrong. Don't flame, I love the Camaro?
And that's in 2005, totally different time period than 2009.
Stop trolling.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not trolling. I've been here quite a bit and love the new Camaro. Just putting things in perspective. And there was no 8 year drought of Mustangs to drive interest even further. They just kept on making them. Like I said, if they make 40,000 first year Gen 5s, I'll be impressed considering the economy and tight credit market.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
For 10k+ to be ordered and not one on the showroom floor...that's good enough for me to be impressed. Not to burst your bubble but, dang, that's alot of folks putting their hard-earned money down on a car that is only readily available via the internet and not the showroom.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah, gotta agree with you Chief. It takes some big hairy ones to throw down money to reserve a car 99.9% of us have never seen in person. It's a great start and once they hit the streets I can see the demand sky rocketing....if the economy doesn't tank again!

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
40,000 units shouldn't be a problem. Those 10K units are supposed to be "sold" uits and not dealer stock. That is a decent number. Once Camaros hit the streets and more people see them then it should really pick up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.