Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, well maybe not all the way, but they did get a really good Q2 earnings report today and the stock is up again. $2.03 profit per share for Apr-Jun not including one-time charges due to the worker buyouts, etc.

Source: MSN Money: Boeing's loss offsets GM gain

GM surprises with higher operating profit

General Motors reported sharply higher second-quarter sales, crushing Wall Street's expectations.

GM reported operating earnings, excluding one-time charges, of $2.03 per share, nearly four times higher than the Reuters Estimates consensus of 51 cents per share. Overall revenues came in at $54.4 billion, with automotive revenues of $44.91 billion, according to Briefing.com. The Reuters Estimate consensus was for revenues of $42.38 billion.

The company benefited from strong sales of new sport utility vehicles, which sold at close to full sticker price, CNBC's Phil LeBeau reported. Latin American auto sales were also very strong.

Including charges related to buyouts of factory workers, the automaker actually lost $3.2 billion in the second quarter, or $5.62 per share.

GM also said it is raising its North American cost savings forecast to $9 billion from $8 billion this year. The strong sales give GM CEO Rick Wagoner some of the evidence he needs that the company's turnaround plan has some traction, LeBeau said.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
I sure hope the nissan thing is dead, I can't stand nissan.

·
Registered
179 Posts
LorcinLS1 said:
I sure hope the nissan thing is dead, I can't stand nissan.
That's funny, Doug told me that you were trading in the Goat for a new 350Z............:lol:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Talk of a merger of GM & Nissan, basically Nissan (and I think another company) would own 20% of GM. Ream thru some of the threads for details.

·
Premium Member
11,842 Posts
GM & Nissan/Renault are in the midst of a 90-day study about a possible alliance.

Wagoner doesn't want it and the board is backing him pretty much.

I think this alliance story will be over shortly after the study is complete.

·
Registered
861 Posts
yea well if the camaro ever gets confermed the share will go though the roof because I am sure they will be sold out within a few months!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts