Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Astra is a great car for the segment, but yeah I wish it had some engines with more power.
I guess we'll see what happens over the next couple years.

FWIW... the Saturn Astra (Opel Astra) and Saturn Aura (Opel Vectra) are already MCE... meaning what we're seeing is a mid-cycle enhancement of existing vehicles that have been sold in Europe for 3 years already.

....so what that means is come 2010 or so, a whole new generation of these cars is due. :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
I had a Saturn sc2 once, good car. These Saturns are becoming better. I'm hopeful that they will continue to improve. I to would like to see a high performance Saturn. Not just badged so... My brother has a 2003 Saturn Ion GTR. Maybe better wheels, battery in the trunk, nothing else. Come on now, put a turbo, better exhaust, etc., and then badge your Saturn a GTR. I felt bad for him cause he thought he was getting a fast car. At first I thought the dealer ripped him off. Its on his papers too. Unless the dealer forged them? I haven't looked into it any, didn't want to dissapoint him. Anyone know the specs on a 2003 Saturn Ion GTR? Thank you.
Mark

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
2003 Saturn Ion GTR. I'm with you, what would I have to do to prove he was ripped off? How can I prove they sold a car that doesn't exist? It was a Toyata dealer so I'd expect this from them.
Just checked MSN autos..there was no Ion GTR.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?year=2003&make=Saturn&model=Ion&trimid=-1

BTW Octane..look at the Holden Astra..it's the same thing but has engines with balls to them.

That's the only thing really keeping the Astra out of my potential vehicle lineup..no power.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.