Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello to all the military folks at 5thGen. I'm a new member (active-duty Air Force) stationed at Minot AFB, ND working on the mighty B-52H. Nice to see a forum section devoted to service members. :thumbsup:

FYI... I inquired to GM about their Military Discount program on the new Camaro, and was told that as of right now there is no discount available. However, they said when the Camaro is "officially" released to the public, they will determine if it will be eligible and disclose the discount amount at that time. I almost bought a GMC truck about 6 months ago and the military discount was about $4k below MSRP. It sure would be nice to get that on the new Camaro!!! I guess we'll have to wait and see. Right now the ONLY GM vehicle that is not eligible is the '09 ZR1, so hopefully the Camaro will be granted a discount as well. If you're patient enough to wait a couple more months before ordering, it might be worth the wait. Just thought ya'll might want to know....

Later....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Usually the military discount is $500. I'd expect it to be in effect for the Camaro if not on day one, certainly within 3-4 months. Thanks for your service and try not to freeze up there!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, it's cold, that's for sure...negative 15 deg wind chill tonight!! Maybe I got my numbers mixed up somehow, or maybe there was just some special reason that the discount was so much on that GMC truck, but I could have swore the discount was about $4k below window sticker. Well, I guess we'll have to see, maybe it's not worth the wait after all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a little research on the GM Military Discount website, and for an '09 1LT "Base-Model" Corvette the discount is about $5k, for an '09 Z06/1LZ the discount is about $7k, for an '09 Silverado 1500 LT 4WD the discount is about $2300. These are all below MSRP. So, I would hope the Military Discount would be more than $500 on the Camaro. We'll see....

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Are there any Military discounts that you're aware of for veterans or are they exclusive to active duty members?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know of any discounts for veterans. To qualify for the GM Military Discount, you must be active duty. Sorry!

·
Registered
216 Posts
for the discount you can be gaurd or reserve also

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just placed an order for my new Camaro and the dealer at gave me Everything atat MSRP becauase they were not offering military disount.

·
Registered
279 Posts
So do you think I would be eligible for this after I commission, even if I got my camaro this year, or early next year? I'm currently POC in AFROTC. That would be sweet, my rotc scholarship will be paying my down payment, well not exactly.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes after you get ur butter bar you will be eligible. But if you buy your camaro before then you can't get the discount. It's not retro active. I believe the small print says Members currently in the Active Duty, Gaurd, and Reserves. IRR and Rotc don't count.

·
Registered
279 Posts
well I've signed my enlistment papers, so technically I am in a reservist state.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Talk to a dealer, and they will tell you ROTC don't count.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got my code too, but i can't find a dealer around here that will honor it. i didn't realize that it is a dealers choice to accpet it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i got my code yesterday. I called the 1-866 number and talked to the representative from Gm and they told me that if a dealer decides to participate in the military discount program on any of their GM cars....they must include all of their GM cars. You might mention to the dealer that you plan to file a complaint against their Customer service index with gm.....It may change their mind about letting you use the discount......I did it yesterday and surprise surprise ....i got the discount......about 1500 bucks off (supplier pricing). The dealers DONT want a blemish on their CSI...it reduces their vehicle allocation! Just an idea.

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
I got my code too, but i can't find a dealer around here that will honor it. i didn't realize that it is a dealers choice to accpet it.
All of the Dealer Sponsors here accept Military and have since day 1:thumbsup: I'm not sure how far you are from WI or MI but we have two exceptional dealers up there and of course in in TX. We would love to help you out!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Current Military Discounts

What are current military discounts right now. I am Ret AF and looking. Also would military discounts be taken off after my GM supplier discount. :eek:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts