Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
so to confirm that i read that article right......

they don't owe anything to anyone anymore?

if that's the case holy freaking crap that was fast pay back

·
Registered
457 Posts
Awesome news...shows that the American auto industry is headed in the right direction again

:thumbsup::gm:

·
Premium Member
11,842 Posts
That was quick! :thumbsup:

However, the 61% equity ownership by the US Government remains.
But when they do the IPO - which should be soon now that the loans are paid - they will likely buy back most of the government's shares pretty quick.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
GOOD NEWS!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Good commercial, Id almost bet I never see it on TV though. Im gonna snatch up some GM stock when its out too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Great Commercial. Won't see it here in Ca that is for sure. Waiting for public stock opening as well. Have money waiting for that one.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Great Commercial. Won't see it here in Ca that is for sure. Waiting for public stock opening as well. Have money waiting for that one.
Until that happens the "G" in "GM" is still Government.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
In truth, according to the TARP fund folks, GM borrowed from a line of TARP credit to pay off the bailout loan. So....it's not 100% accurate that they're out of the woods. They just used one credit card to pay off another is what it amounts to. So I wouldn't bust out the party baloons just yet. But I believe it does allow GM to go ahead with plans for an IPO earlier than originally planned. Which in that respect, is good news. And the government STILL has their current ownership interest in it, so Weland does NOT technically fail.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
In truth, according to the TARP fund folks, GM borrowed from a line of TARP credit to pay off the bailout loan. So....it's not 100% accurate that they're out of the woods. They just used one credit card to pay off another is what it amounts to. So I wouldn't bust out the party baloons just yet. But I believe it does allow GM to go ahead with plans for an IPO earlier than originally planned. Which in that respect, is good news. And the government STILL has their current ownership interest in it, so Weland does NOT technically fail.
No..he fails for calling it Government Motors. ;)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Oh, that...ok then. :)

·
8,984 Posts
Sooner than I thought; I had said before 2011.

Good Job ladies!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts