Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Lots of people have it and I test drove two SSs at dealerships with it already installed so you can probably go online and find a Camaro for sale locally to listen to. I have a Borla on the Shelby and it sounds awesome on it as well as on the Camaro. Here's a decent video of the Borla Axleback on a 2010 SS...

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
The gmpp exhaust is made by borla, but it's closer to the "touring" model (quiet), not the "atak" (loud). With so many choices on the market (less $$), unless you want it quiet, kinda silly to to buy gmpp.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The gmpp exhaust is made by borla, but it's closer to the "touring" model (quiet), not the "atak" (loud). With so many choices on the market (less $$), unless you want it quiet, kinda silly to to buy gmpp.
I agree...plus for some reason the quality of these GMPP exhausts are not as good.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
The engineers @ GM spent weeks designing the sound of the exhaust.
OEM sounds fine. Just enough growl at the right places, and opens up with a nice throaty tone when I get on it. No ricey "braaaaaaapppp", no annoying resonances or droning.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
I needed more sound. Every car I have owned over the past 10 years has had some kind of exhaust mod done. I can't live with stock anymore.

One note on the Muffler Delete, if you have an automatic and you don't like deceleration pop, don't do it. At least with a manual you can clutch-in to stop it.

Here's a video of 3 take-offs from the start line of an autocross. That's the part I can't get enough of. Purely stock with a Muffler Delete.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts