Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Its not even a real problem. Although, I will have to admit its hard enough to park in a parking lot when the steering is acting up.

At speeds below 15mph, the steering becomes "problematic" and thats the official word that I heard this morning.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
:rantsw:

WTF my HHR has the EXACT same power steering system.....right down to the part numbers. :angry:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
It's just causing the electric assist motor to act up. It's not going to cause any loss of steering, and won't be that noticable at street speeds. I believe this information should be reported, but of course, it will not be so that sheeple can panic.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I was not panicking. More ranting. Mine does this tug pull left / right if you have the wheel in a genital left hand turn like the car doesn't know if you want it to turn left or right.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I actually wasn't referring to you, but you may want to contact GM customer service about your issue in your HHR so that they may possibly include it.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
A problem with the power-steering system is prompting General Motors to recall 1.3 million small cars.

More...
Some Toyota shill I saw on TV yesterday suggested the only reason GM did this was because of the scrutiny on Toyota. I think he was implying that if the Toyota recalls weren't big news GM would have swept it under rug. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Some Toyota shill I saw on TV yesterday suggested the only reason GM did this was because of the scrutiny on Toyota. I think he was implying that if the Toyota recalls weren't big news GM would have swept it under rug. :rolleyes:
There might be some truth to that. Name me a time when Ford recalling 1000 vans made front page news anywhere. Thats right, Ford recalled 1000 vans that shared the same pedal that Toyota was recalling and it was front page on this site and others for a few days.

While I agree that it isn't a problem to be worried about, you still gotta wonder how much the PR over the Toyota recall influenced GM's decision in recalling the cars to fix the issue.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
There might be some truth to that. Name me a time when Ford recalling 1000 vans made front page news anywhere. Thats right, Ford recalled 1000 vans that shared the same pedal that Toyota was recalling and it was front page on this site and others for a few days.

While I agree that it isn't a problem to be worried about, you still gotta wonder how much the PR over the Toyota recall influenced GM's decision in recalling the cars to fix the issue.
The vans they recalled were in China.
So it didn't even effect the US.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts