Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
kinda ironic that Volt is shown on the same day that the price of crude oil drops bellow $100 a barrel

I think the production version looks just a little disappointing compared to what the concept car promised.. but it will still sell well

·
Registered
130 Posts
Major Disappointment!

The Concept was fantastic but the Production is a Prius in disguise.
They claim the Concept had the aerodynamics of a brick. Why would a vehicle that is slated for 40 mile treks be worried about aerodynamics. I'm not sure the speeds they will be traveling will make that much of a difference.

Also it is said the 600 mile range is now closer to 360.

Concept:

Production:

Prius!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I like it, I would buy one, waste my money on the weekends on putting gas in camaro and using the volt for work that would be ideal plan but If I could afford both I would go for it...........either way the volt still looks great, I would drive that any day

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Styling of the concept was definitely better, but there's no way that could have worked for the production car.
Like Lutz says, aerodynamics is the key element in the efficiency of an electric car, and that's the absolute truth.

I realize why it is like it is, for maximum aerodynamics.
They did a really really good job of making the car as slippery as possible, I'd bet the Cd of the production Volt is .20 or less.

That said, I'm still not sold on the production design.
It's not horrible, but it's not outstanding.
But it is already starting to grow on me.
I need to see one in black. :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Still better looking than the prius. Period.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
ehhh no i wouldn't but it unless it was awd or rwd and it's a coupe

·
Registered
637 Posts
It looks way too bland compared to the concept. Shouild have just called it the Malibu Electric and been done with it.

I like that its all electric but only saving $1500 bucks a year?! $125 a month does not equal a car payment. It wont replace any cars on the road now, but , new buyers it might be the answer.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I looove the fact that it can go 40 miles without using any gas, then once the batteries are dead it can get 50+mpg. Great option for a daily driver. Now what could wreck the benefits of gas savings is selling the car for 40+ g's. I don't care how much money you save on gas; it would never be enough to recoup your 20g investment over a regular economy car.

Looks wise I'd say its not bad for its target market.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Love the looks of the car, but I'm also wondering the same question. And how well do the batteries hold up in the real world of cold and heat? Now I'm also wondering if you won't be able to not "buy" this car as to "lease" it instead.

I would like to see how long the batteries last, and how much they will cost to replace before I even think about purchasing an electric car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts