Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First build it. Then bring it to the states as a Buick. YES a Buick.... GRAND NATIONAL make it a twin turbo DI V6. Gas mileage would be decent and power in the range of 350-450 would be possible. And of course you could get any color you wanted - as long as it's black! :lol::lol:

Can an admin set up a poll? what should GM do with the Holden coupe 60??

Do not build?
Bring to states as V8 GTO?
Bring to states as TT DI V6 GN?
Bring to states as V6/V8 G8 coupe?
Bring to states as V6/V8 Trans AM?
Bring to states as V6/V8 LeMans?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Definitely bring it over as a Buick. Buick needs it.

They should also Make the Riviera closely following the design of the Concept (with GM's 4 cylinder ecotec engine- enhanced to 300 horsepower and 0-60 in around 5.0),

make the Wildcat/Velite a hardtop/ragtop convertible or both. With a 4.4 Liter V8 with around 420 horsepower

Make the Roadmaster using a 3.6L HF V6 w/275 hp, Northstar 4.6L V8 w/350 hp

I've been holding on to those plans for a while now. Man I tell you. If I was working at Buick, these rides would be the talk of the decade.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I think they are closer to closing Buick than developing any of those cars for production.

But I would love to see them do it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I would really consider holding off on the Camaro if they brought the Holden Coupe 60 over as a GTO or Firebird, but probably wouldn't if it was a Buick.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Looks more like a Pontiac than a Buick.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I wouldn't have a problem owning that car if it were a Buick. I had a 2000 Buick Century for a year or so, and it was truly a great car. I sold it to my parents $3K under blue book so I could make sure my little brother's first car was completely dependable. I wouldn't be ashamed of owning another one, even if it wasn't called a Grand National.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I frankly hate that picture jonz, it looks like the a** end of a old school porsche cayenne got rammed into the back of a vette.

Also has a read end almost like the toyota solara

·
Registered
77 Posts
They really need to bring this over as the next GTO. They could do a G8 coupe with a V6 and a GTO with a V8, different fascia and hood as the GTO. I would put off a Camaro for a Coupe 60 based GTO.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and for this reason GM I dont think has the balls to bring it over as a GTO or GN or whatever.. it's direct competition to the new camaro which doesn't need any more competition as it is.. and this market could not handle another V8 two door coupe given the macro economic factors..:BangHead:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think GMC needs the Syclone back! get a canyon make it light as hell AWD TT Set-up and im sure it will be the fastest truck in the world and im sure it would get beter fuel miledge then the srt-10

·
Registered
275 Posts
A family friend used to have a Syclone, it was DEATH on wheels! When he went out of town and had my brother house-sit, we drove that thing everywhere. That was the first time in my life I had ever been in an automobile that launched so hard I had the wind knocked out of me. It was AWESOME!!

If I ever find myself needing a pickup truck (which isn't likely), I would track down one of those things in a New York minute. :D

As for the Holden Coupe 60, why does Octane have to be all mean and LOGICAL! Having way too many RWD V8s just means they will have to price these muscle cars even more competitively! None of this bundled package of options B.S.; instead everything will be an individual, add on option, even seat belts and functioning doorhandles! This idea has promise... :)

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
It can't come the U.S. The steering wheel is on the wrong side. :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
I really do wish they could bring this back as the new GTO, as a musclecar enthusiast first, I think the GTO deserves another shot especially since how disappointing the last one was (no offense to the people that like it they've grown on me a little, but the design was definitely lacking). GTO is a legend and it would deserve a aggressive, refined design like that of the Holden 60 Coupe. After all GTO spawned the birth of the muscle car era with the help of the unique styling by Charles M. Jordan.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts