Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
General Motors has released the first picture of the new Chevrolet Camaro without camouflage. In fact, GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz has decreed that all of the preproduction Camaros be driven without the cladding and camouflage to better test aerodynamics and cooling efficiency, Chevrolet General Manager Ed Peper said on GM's Fastlane blog Thursday. The Camaro is to go on sale in 2009.

More...

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Good detail in that pic.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oh wow....nice detail shot..I really REALLY like this car. You know i've been talking to my wife...and telling her I don't really know what I want when its time for me to buy a new car(after I buy her a new minivan) I wanted a truck or a Camaro...i've settled on the Camaro...unless the G8 ST comes out soon..

Gray

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Wow, thanks Tim! You can really see details in that pic. I'm wondering about those backup lamps...kinda look like an afterthought. Also look small and out of place. Why not place them vertically in the license plate cove? I also wonder what kind of spoiler might appear. Possibly like the 67-69 style, maybe? I know Jinx can do some nice work with this picture...(hint):D Other than that, this just makes me more anxious..now I wanna see the front!:roxor:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but the angle of this shot is not impressing me in the least. It is having the exact opposite effect on me. It looks like a blah, blah view of a fairly normal looking car, not the concept we have seen over and over. Did they really change the shape that much?:confused:

·
Registered
375 Posts
****, that is beautiful. I could live with the Backup light where it is, but think it'd look better if it were integrated into the tail lights.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but the angle of this shot is not impressing me in the least. It is having the exact opposite effect on me. It looks like a blah, blah view of a fairly normal looking car, not the concept we have seen over and over. Did they really change the shape that much?:confused:
It's the angle and the dull-ish white paint.
Bad angle, and the white paint hides the details.
The shape and details of the car have hardly changed at all from the concept. :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Not to pick, but are we looking at the same car? There's very little diff from the concept and this beauty, I mean, sure the mirrors are a little bigger an the marker lights are a little bigger but other then that, it's the same.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
My only complaint is the reverse lights. If I was a designer (hint, hint, GM), I would of offered the idea of placing the reverse lights in the diffuser area (matte black spot, like the C6 vettes do, except between tailpipes openings). That could of enhanced brand imaging. But who knows, someone prolly had the same idea but couldnt be done because of some stupid government requirement to have reverse lights at certain height.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's the angle and the dull-ish white paint.
Bad angle, and the white paint hides the details.
The shape and details of the car have hardly changed at all from the concept. :)
guess ur right, HOPEFULLY we can get a clean side shot and possibly in a different color, cuz right now i do not like the interior (yea i kno its unifinished but still blah) nd the exterior is lookin a bit lacking... but i gotta keep the faith!

·
Registered
100 Posts
My biggest fear is that GM will water-down the final production model until it looks like a G-6 Rental car. Please tell me the powers that be at GM won't be allowed to ruin the one car that could save their corporation.

John

1 - 20 of 37 Posts