Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.leftlanenews.com/gm-to-offer-bluetooth-by-2009-model-year.html

General Motors has announced that it will roll out Bluetooth hands free technology across a number of its vehicles, beginning in the 2009 model year. Currently, only one GM vehicle — the Cadillac STS — offers Bluetooth, leaving a glaring hole in the General's option list.

In the Q&A section of the GM FYI Blog, Phil Colley of GM Performance Parts said that GM will soon launch the "broadest rollout of Bluetooth in the industry," involving 30 vehicles by the 2009 model year.

While the Cadillac CTS and Chevrolet Malibu have been heavily praised by the media, one complaint that has always seemed to surface is their lack of an available Bluetooth system. The addition of the technology should sway some buyers and ultimately increase interest and sales of GM vehicles.

...this is something I'd like to see in the new Camaro. :)

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I agree it is about time for GMNA to get up to speed with Bluetooth. The 04-06 GTO owners could order the Monaro Bluetooth option from Australia as an aftermarket upgrade.

A while back I was hip deep in discussion about GM being slower than most of the competition in new technology as well as existing product development. GM brings forth some good innovations at times. When they can't take something already available and make it work in their cars its a letdown.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Yeah, GM might be a little slow on getting "computer-type" user-based technology to cars.
But they have some leading innovations in other areas....

Stabilitrak 3.0 as premiered in the 2008 Cadillac STS.
Read up on it here:
http://media.gm.com/servlet/Gateway...monthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=10&docid=36033

And what other car company has a roll-over crash test facility? Nobody.

Just a couple examples. ;)
I know, but it has been frusterating over the years with the little things.
One that comes to mind was when my 1998 GMC Sierra Ext Cab had a one piece rear bench seat and my buddies 1998 F150 had a split rear bench, that was a great idea GM has never adopted. There have been many other little things over the years... Things like Crew Cab 1500 series pickups...

·
Registered
330 Posts
they can do so much with bluetooth that NOBODY is doing... not only do i want my car to mute and answer my calls while im cruzing, but i should be able to play music from my phone on the car, just like bluetooth headphones. they make phones with some massive storage, and since they dont often put storage like that on car stereos, its a good idea.

kind of off subject, but ...remote start... on my dodge caravan it will only work from like 20feet or less. so after work, i can get in the thing and it will NOT be warm yet. SO... wouldnt it be nice to be able to remote start through your phone? either by a special text message, or calling it ???onstar-like??? so 15 min before i get off work, i can warm up the beast and when i get out, its ready to roll!

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
they can do so much with bluetooth that NOBODY is doing... not only do i want my car to mute and answer my calls while im cruzing, but i should be able to play music from my phone on the car, just like bluetooth headphones. they make phones with some massive storage, and since they dont often put storage like that on car stereos, its a good idea.
UH, I think that is already covered. Many cars play from your I pod and more and more have Hard drive storage. Check out Cadillac.com The technology will eventually trickle down.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts

kind of off subject, but ...remote start... on my dodge caravan it will only work from like 20feet or less. so after work, i can get in the thing and it will NOT be warm yet. SO... wouldnt it be nice to be able to remote start through your phone? either by a special text message, or calling it ???onstar-like??? so 15 min before i get off work, i can warm up the beast and when i get out, its ready to roll!
15 minutes is a pretty long time to warm up the ride :cool:

·
Registered
330 Posts
ok 10 min... it gets cold at midnight and sometimes it does take a while to warm it up, melt the ice off the windows. there are people at my work 20 min after shift change trying to thaw their cars on cold nights.

and no, not that many have the hard drive storage, and i can not think of ONE that will play music via bluetooth. this is not expensive technology, it should not be limited to caddy's and mazzarati's, if every teen has it hooked up in their backpacks, why cant us older 'kids' have it in our cars ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.