Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
2,774 Posts
21K for an engine...wow..am I missing something?? I mean I know its for projects..but 21K for what? Its an engine..

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
21K for an engine...wow..am I missing something?? I mean I know its for projects..but 21K for what? Its an engine..
obvioulsy you could build that power for less, but its for the people who like that limited run/GM crate stuff. Like the 572 :D

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Sounds like a dealer created price. I seen what we pay and it suggested no retail price.

And yes, I posted this a month ago when we got the bulletin.

If you want one, let me know - I can do better than that price above - :roxor:

·
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like a dealer created price. I seen what we pay and it suggested no retail price.

I just pulled it from the press release, I'm sure dealers are flexible on the price.
I now see Tim posted something about it in November, this was the official release I saw :D

·
2,774 Posts

Not in the market for one but at least some people have common sense..21K for a motor...just a motor..thats a little much..even if it is a remake of one of GM's most powerful engines. Unless your building a car that needs that engine and want new thats the only reason. But for 21K I could do alot of damage with another engine..like a 502 Rat motor or something..

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I get the point..it's along the same lines of paying like $40,000 for a classic car vs $20,000 for a modern version of the same nameplate that's faster, "safer" and gets better gas mileage.
I know you get it - It wasn't directed at you Wrangler jeans boy :D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts