Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years, GMC has been the tailored truck brand with an advanced, professional pedigree. General Motors Corp. likened it to the Viking stove of the construction and landscape trades.

More...

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Well they did make it a little taller than the G8 ST as I suspected they would.
Not bad.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
I have a feeling that the production model will get too much of that Ridgeline look.

I think this will be built with the Camaro.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
2008 GMC Denali XT Concept

Built on the Zeta Chassis.

I'm not sure how I like this thing just yet...

2008 Chicago Auto Show: GMC Denali XT
Date posted: 02-02-2008

CHICAGO — GMC is providing a glimpse at its future design direction as parent General Motors suggests potential variations on the 2009 Camaro's rear-wheel-drive platform, with the Denali XT hybrid sport-utility truck concept, set to debut at the 2008 Chicago Auto Show.

GMC is touting the Denali XT's advanced powertrain — a new 326-horsepower direct-injection 4.9-liter V8 that runs on gasoline or E85 ethanol, features cylinder deactivation and is mated to GM's two-mode hybrid system that enables it to run on pure electricity at low speeds.

But even more intriguing is the potential for the new Zeta platform, which is being engineered at GM's Holden subsidiary in Australia and will underpin the new Camaro and other future GM rear-drive models in North America.

GMC confirmed that the four-door Denali XT features unitized construction — a lighter and more fuel-efficient alternative to conventional body-on-frame truck designs — and that its design and engineering were done by Holden.

The truck rides on an ample 123.4-inch wheelbase, with a 55-inch bed and seating for four. A removable "midgate" and fold-flat rear seats extend the vehicle's cargo-carrying capability. GMC says the Denali XT has a payload capacity of 1,100 pounds and a towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. The concept rides on 23-inch wheels and custom Kumho tires.

Because it sits on a variation of the Camaro's Zeta platform, the Denali XT would also have good ride and handling characteristics, with all-independent suspension, including a multilink setup in front and a four-link rear with coil-over shocks and a decoupled stabilizer bar.

The concept-like cabin has "floating" gauges, an oversize interface screen, billet-metal trim and bespoke seats trimmed in saddle leather.

What this means to you: Let's see: better fuel economy, lower emissions and crisper handling. What's not to like about this futuristic truck? — Paul Lienert, Correspondent

Find this article at:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=124622

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
That truck looks badass

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Someone else said it best - too Ridgeline-y. It looks kinda like a GMC version of the Chevy SSR, only without the cool retro theme.

·
Registered
76 Posts
As much as I would love to have it produced, something tells me they won't. But then again, CAFE might have inspired this thing (based on the UTE rebadge theory).

·
2,774 Posts
if this is the concept of the 4 door ute thats going to be built here..go find my post about what I said before this even came out..I said something along the lines of "it will have wide fenders and the front end of the Arcadia" Well this thing kinda has that look of what I thought..but tone it down for what I thought and you will get what I think were going to see!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts