10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Still waiting on an app for iPhone.

·
Registered
518 Posts
There's no real privacy on any of those networking site. Why people want to post their personal life on a billboard is weird. I know it's all the rage but privacy has more value.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
There's no real privacy on any of those networking site. Why people want to post their personal life on a billboard is weird. I know it's all the rage but privacy has more value.
sites like facebook have all kinds of settings to lock things down, seems that most people don't bother to use them.

I agree however on the level of detail some people feel a need to post about themselves, Sad really :lol:

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I read that criminals look at FB or twitter and if the person says they are enjoying being on vacation where ever it is they can break in because noones home

·
9,152 Posts
I read that criminals look at FB or twitter and if the person says they are enjoying being on vacation where ever it is they can break in because noones home
Again, it's all about what info you post and how you lock down your accounts. If you are foolish enough to post info that can lead a stranger to your home and announce you will be gone for an extended period, that's what happens

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Again, it's all about what info you post and how you lock down your accounts. If you are foolish enough to post info that can lead a stranger to your home and announce you will be gone for an extended period, that's what happens
Exactly, you choose who sees it and who don't. If you want you can even wait until you get back to post as well.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
I'm on google+(thanks tim), but haven't got much use out of it yet because most all my friends are all on FB.

I think it takes a while to learn and a lot of people are still used to FB. I think older people who have learned FB will have more trouble making the change.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Nor sure if I will use Google+ if invited. I have facebook which is enough. I spend more time here than FB anyway.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
What are some of these privacy issues?
By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.

You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.

You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Google to take these actions.
Basically anything you put on there they can freely use anywhere they want. And no way to say otherwise.
At least on Facebook (with all of its privacy issues) you can select if you want to allow FB To use your pictures and whatnot.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
9,152 Posts
Basically anything you put on there they can freely use anywhere they want. And no way to say otherwise.
At least on Facebook (with all of its privacy issues) you can select if you want to allow FB To use your pictures and whatnot.
This is not a security or privacy issue.

This is a well known issue and only really relevant if you are a professional photographer and post your work online. There is really no difference in doing this on Google+ or any other web site out there.

Often, uploading an image like that can and has made it 'public domain' although it is still being discussed in some places.

Comes back to, don't post anything online you don't want everyone to end up seeing. Period.

Any others?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts