Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy that is a distributor for the GoPro camera. They retail for $299, we can get them for $250 or possibly less. Not sure if anyone else sells them for less or not, but I waited too long to get mine for my Track Day yesterday.

I can organize this and ship them out with you paying actual shipping costs.

I have done this for hundreds of Flushmount Turn signals for motorcycles.

I have paypal accounts, and have no problem doing this for those involved.

Once people let me know their wants, desires, and interst in these cameras, I will get it rolling

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
go pro sponsors the mitchum motorsports camaro. i wonder if we can get a deal through jeff bucknum? which camera is it? do you have a part number?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
might be interested if the price is right....cheapest I've seen the HD motorsports hero is around $265 (amazon), but on ebay they can be found for under $250.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
the one i just posted was 161.....
That's the lower model....slightly lower resolution (not 1080). For that price, it's probably a great camera.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Found these on Amazon.... once these are gone, we could do something... I not sure how long these will last ....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am hearing a lot of issues people are having with these cameras, so I think I am going to start looking into something else.

I want a camera set-up that will display the track map, g's, speed, lap time, etc...

·
Registered
257 Posts
What kind of issues are there? Ive been looking at one for my atv

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What kind of issues are there? Ive been looking at one for my atv
A lot of people say they aren't recording when you want them to be, some are getting error codes, some are just not working..... I guess the tech support and repair is next to impossible when they are having issues.

They have been nick named SometimeGopro.....

One guy said out of twelve videos he tied taking, he only got 4.

I like the size and technology behind the system, but DON'T like the unreliable feedback I am hearing.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
A lot of people say they aren't recording when you want them to be, some are getting error codes, some are just not working..... I guess the tech support and repair is next to impossible when they are having issues.

They have been nick named SometimeGopro.....

One guy said out of twelve videos he tied taking, he only got 4.

I like the size and technology behind the system, but DON'T like the unreliable feedback I am hearing.

That sounds like memory card issues....HD video takes a FAST card to record reliably. Might also be firmware issues w/ certain cards.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That sounds like memory card issues....HD video takes a FAST card to record reliably. Might also be firmware issues w/ certain cards.
That is the problem though, the gopro's come as a unit it isn't something that you purchase on your own.

As far as my brother's camera.... it is a Hard Drive camera, so it was all internal....

My Sony HD Camera (HDR-SR1) was $900+ new (I didn't pay that much) and it is a Hard Drive as well. It works flawlessly....

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
That is the problem though, the gopro's come as a unit it isn't something that you purchase on your own.

As far as my brother's camera.... it is a Hard Drive camera, so it was all internal....

My Sony HD Camera (HDR-SR1) was $900+ new (I didn't pay that much) and it is a Hard Drive as well. It works flawlessly....

Gotcha. The one I've used is an older one that records on a SD card...still could be a firmware update though, check on their site to see if there's any "support". I would hope your $900 camcorder works flawlessly.;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
my HDPro records on a SD Card... and i've had it completely submerged under water for about a mile on my snorkeled ATV, its done me well, lol

·
Registered
90 Posts

The GoPro does have a SD card NOT a hard drive. The problems people are have is from there SD cards. Spend the money on the right SD card and it will work great.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The GoPro does have a SD card NOT a hard drive. The problems people are have is from there SD cards. Spend the money on the right SD card and it will work great.
OK, Good information. I thought the gopros came WITH the SD cards.... maybe I better revisit the page:confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts