Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be picking up a '96 Chevrolet Blazer 4X4 when I get paid on the 6th. After selling my Impala I just couldn't bring myself to buy another car to try and replace it, so I decided to go in a little bit of a different direction. All I have right now is a crappy cell phone snap...

I've already put together quite an impressive "wish list" at the Summit Racing Equipment web site... now I just need the money to go with it. lol One little project at a time I guess.

The first order of business is going to be to tint the front side windows and blackout the tail lights... more importantly before summer is over I have to replace those "soccer mom" tires with some 30X9.5/15 BFGoodrich All Terrain T/As.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Hey fellow blazer owner. I love my chevy blazer i have had mine for a long time and as i said in another post its now over 110,000 miles. Hope you enjoy yours

·
Registered
216 Posts
Why would you lower a 4wd. I never quiet got that. This winter i pulled a kid outta the snow. He had a lowered 4wd jimmy, with like 22 or 24s on it. When i pulled up on the kid, i asked if he needed help and he said, "i have 4wd and i can't go anywhere, i don't understand why" I laughed alittle and pulled him out. He thanked me and i told him the reason why he was having problems. It was like i was Mr. Obvious. He said and i qoute cause i will never forget this. "I never put 2 and 2 together. Do they make those tires like you have in my size so i can get traction" I told him i don't know if they make BFG All Terrain in that size.

Sorry long story that went nowhere.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Those blazers are comfortable and the 4.3 liter is bulletproof. I had a 95 1500 with over 2K on the 4.3 and only had to replace the waterpump before I sold it for $3k with that make miles.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Of course as with any vehicle I own... the sickness takes over and I have to modify it. First up will be "Project Blackout"... tint the front side windows to match the rest of the windows, black out the taillights and the front marker lights with VHT Nightshades and adding some Ventshades. A simple inexpensive mod to start things off. I'll follow that up with the more aggressive tires and a mild lift (1-1 1/2") by adding an extra leaf to the spring pack out back and cranking up the preload on the torsion bars up front. (labor intensive but again inexpensive, except for the tires lol )

This will actually be my third S10, but it will be my first Blazer as well as my first 4X4 S10 and the first 4.3. Prior to this I has an '82 Pickup (standard cab, long bed, 2.8, 4spd, Durango package) and a '92 Pickup (extended cab, short bed, 2.8, 5spd, Tahoe interior and exterior package)

LS1 Dat 'lazer......:D
I already thought of that... but that project would be way down the list.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LT1 then?
I love the LT1 but I was thinking more old school with a sweet gen1 SB with a Holley sitting on top of it. Again, that's one of those dream mods that is so far down the list I don't even consider it... besides, from what I've been told the 4.3 is a stout little motor with plenty of power to be made.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts