Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my oil changed this weeked (I usually do it myself but I had surgery on my hand) and when I got to work I noticed a nice stream of oil leaking down the parking lot. After work, back to the dealership...What could have caused this?

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Maybe they forgot to put the cap back on or no oil filter

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
might just have gotten some oil from the old oil filter on the undercarriage when they removed it...or maybe the new filter or plug was a little loose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine also showed a small leak at last oil change. Turned out the gasket on the oil cooler adapter was bad. Dealer changed same day I brought it in. Hardly put any miles on the loaner car they gave me to use.:)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
got an oil change and they told me that the main seal (seal between the transmission and Engine) is leaking so I went to dealer for some other work and told them. They said they checked it and there was no leak but to comeback in a few thousand miles and see if it still is or isnt leaking???? kinda strange we are all having the same issue :confused:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
kinda strange we are all having the same issue :confused:
not really the same.

and if you've never noticed any oil spots on the driveway/garage (and since your dealer checked it)...I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had my oil changed this weeked (I usually do it myself but I had surgery on my hand) and when I got to work I noticed a nice stream of oil leaking down the parking lot. After work, back to the dealership...What could have caused this?

Instead of asking questions how about inspecting under the car and in the engine bay to see any obvious leaks?

The only three things they could have screwed up would have been the oil drain plug not tight, the oil filler cap not tight, and the oil filter cap not tight.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I would keep and eye on it if it continues to do this then let the car cool get up underneith the car and wipe down aroud the oil filter and the drain plug then crank the car up and either let it sit or drive it then come back and let it sit for about 30 minutes then check for yourself.

if it is a drain plug or oil filter then go have it replaced since you had the dealership do this.

They could have over tightened the oil filter and the rubber seal is leaking
( this has happened to me years ago by a oil lube shop )

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Ditto. If you think it's leaking, go back to the dealer.

Mine's at 17K and no problems whatsoever!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
sometimes when pouring the oil in, it can be spilled and dropped (clumsiness) but that may give you the illusion that you have an oil leak when it was really just an oil spill... has happened to me in the past, thought i had a leak but it was just me being clumsy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts