Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an accident in my Camaro this afternoon. I had meetings all morning at work and was headed home for lunch before my next round of meetings at 15:00; what a way to soend my day off right? Well I pulled up to a stop light with a car and truck in fromt of me, the light turned green and they started to move. I glanced up at my reirview mirror and when I looked back they were on their brakes from other traffic ahead, needless to say I could not stop in time and BAM! The truck sustained almost no damage but my plastic car is broken up pretty good, you can see where his reciever hitch went through my bumper. Well at least I have good insurance and it is only going to cost me $250. Needless to say my day is now crap! The wife was pretty good about it and told me not to worry it will be as good as new again.
:shakefist:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
That really sucks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man that sucks! They will get it fixed up though:thumbsup: No one hurt I hope.
Nothing hurt but my pride, I have always prided myself on being a great driver with only one accident in my life and that was a little fender bender in a parking lot when I was 17 and no tickets since 1981. I guess this was a wake up call.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Totally sorry dude. Looks like your grille got it too. If you have to replace the grille anyway, may I suggest a new heritage grille replacement? If you like the look, it may bring a little happiness to your day. Insurance may not cover the entire cost, but it should cover most of it and make the upgrade affordable. Labor should be mostly covered as well! Absolutely love mine. Hope they can turn it around for you quickly!

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can pick one up from any chevy Dealer. Picked mine up from Berger Chevrolet in Grand Rapids, Michigan but I am sure any dealer can get one for you. I had mine painted to match the car. A couple of advantages for painting it, they look a lot better and if you use a paste wax, it won't get stuck in the plastic. Also the hot sun in Texas can fade the dark grey original plastic color in a hurry.

Paint options that Berger offered was a blacked out look for the grille (which I did), or the old RS look which is sort of a two tone with the interior portion of the grille black and the outside border color matched to the car body. Since the insurance should cover the cost of a stock grille replacement and the labor to install it, it would be a great time to upgrade. It will never be cheaper to do so if you like the look!

Best of luck,

Jim

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Sorry to see you were in an accident with your SS. But, at least only the car was hurt and no one else.

I'm in agreement on the Heritage Grille. It was on of the many mods that I've sprung for and am very happy with the looks. Good luck with the repair!

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Sorry about the accident, but you are OK and the Camaro can be fixed!

I think a new ZL1 front bumper would look nice as a replacement.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
That SUX, Sorry but Glad U didn't get hurt, Parts can be Replaced!!!! Think Positive, Opportunity to Upgrade Ur Grill..... Post pics when U get her all fixed up....

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident, I know it sucks no matter what vehicle you're in, but that should be an easy fix. Looks like it should just be a nose replacement. Good time to get a heritage grille. Really changes the look of the front end.

Before - Stock grille

After - Heritage grille

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts