Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Stage II Comp CAM Installed last week. I am just posting now because I wanted time to enjoy the car before I posted.

I dropped my car off at SNL Performance Wed the 2nd of March. Let me say that SNL Performance has a very nice facility with very knowledgeable and professional staff. They were very nice and did a very nice job on my car. When I arrived at their shop they imediately put my car on the Dyno for a baseline so they and I would know the gains from the CAM.

I did not get the same numbers on their dyno that i had gotten on the dyno from the shop that originally tuned my car. I know there is a difference between dyno's so I chalked it up to that. They did not leave it at that though. They went into the tune and check it out and showed me where the problems were.

I appears that the other tune was 413 RWHP and 401 RWTQ at Wide Open Throttle. I was tuned to get my max HP at 6200 RPM. They re-tuned my car before even doing the CAM and got me back up to 406 RWHP and 412 RWTQ. They would have kept trying but I told them that was good enough for a baseline. I loved their willingness to keep trying.

I was again surprised by their dedication when I was pulling out of the parking lot one of their mechanics was pulling in to their shop and soped me to ask how I liked it. I was even more surprised when I got 60 miles down the road and was called by Steve, The S in SNL Performance, and he asked me how I was enjoying it.

Their Customer Service is off the chart. I highly recommend them if anyone is looking for a great shop that truely cares about you and your

car.

Here is the video.

Here is the dyno graph.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
358 Posts
:thumbsup: OMG!! That sounds better than a Fleetwood Mac concert.

·
8,984 Posts
How much for the install?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is what was sent ot me by the SNL Performance. They informed me that they have a deal with COMP CAM. Their CAMs are a custom grind that is proprietory to them. They knew my car was a daily driver and gave me exactly what I needed. The price was great. I got everything listed plus a Texas Speed Underdrive pully with belts for $1700 out the door.

Your choice of cam
Double springs
Titanium Retainers, seals and seats
Chromoly pushrods
All necessary gaskets and new crank bolt
Labor
Tax
Tune
Mobil 1 Oil change and coolant

To give everyone an idea the specs are 22x/23x .6xx/.6xx 114 and are very tame in an ls3 as you can tell by the 650rpm idle. Feel free to give me a call at the shop if anyone has questions, Chris 817-750-2000

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I understand why they wish to be hush hush with there custom grind Cam.
The same goes for the people who I used. Funny even without those # digits
everything down to the 114 LSA looks dam near the same :lol:

Yeah these are mild mannered Cams with lots of power Gains and very streetable and a nice lope :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats again and welcome to the Cam owners Club :thumbsup:

·
Registered
358 Posts
No need for a higher stall converter?

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
No need for a higher stall converter?
If this is refering to me Yes.

We started out as just doing the Ls3 conversion , bump in compression and addition of the Cam.
The car drove great however at a redlight every so often when coming to a stop she would fight staying still and try and pull Fwd. I would apply on the brakes and she would sit there and buck then settle down.
This wouldnt happen everytime just every so often.

So we installed a 3200 Yank Stall converter and that Tamed her @$$ down from bucking.

LAst I dynoed I pushed 451 rwhp.

I wanted something with more power but very streetable.

Over stock Form my conversion/Cam/exhaust/Cai/intake and throttle body it bumped me up 117 Hp

Not bad considering im a automatic imo.

I love it

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm an LS3 so I had no need for a stall converter. With this special price from SNL Performance they offer a three bolt cam conversion for the L99 for an attitional $750

I am telling you this is a really great shop. Steve, The S in SNL is also the Owner of Monster Clutch......Go figure.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal. :thumbsup:

I really cant complain myself as I feel like I got out on the low side $$$$$ wise myself.

I wanted a Ls3 and I wanted a automatic so I made the car the way imo it should have come from the factory.

·
8,984 Posts
Can you give me a price breakdown, PM is fine. Really wondering more about parts v. labor.......I would be installing my own....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts