Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I were driving out into eastern Oregon on a nice sunny day and I wasn't paying attention to speed and got hit for 76 in a 55 but the cop nicely wrote it down to 75. More than 20 over the limit and it's mandatory court. I think it was cause when he asked my if I knew why he stopped me I told him that yeah, I was speeding. Was a nice day and I just wasn't paying attention.
He appreciated the candor so he, as I mentioned, wrote it for only 20 over.

Highway 97 in Oregon is a very lonely stretch of road out in the desert with no side roads and you can see to the horizon. The cop was sitting just over a rise in the road. My own fault.

Broke a 30 year dry spell. ;)

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Certainly miss living out in OR. Loved rafting the lower Deschutes in summer. Hwy 97 is a stretch to open it up. Sorry you got caught.....Where on 97 did he catch you?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Certainly miss living out in OR. Loved rafting the lower Deschutes in summer. Hwy 97 is a stretch to open it up. Sorry you got caught.....Where on 97 did he catch you?
Just about Wasco about 35 miles south of the Columbia River from Biggs Junction.

Check the link in my first post. Or look here

I guess I'm kinda lucky in that he didn't catch me at 120

The other part was that I have no front plate. He got me headon so I'm surprised he didn't notice. But I didn't remind him either so I didn't get cited for the plate.

It's not a primary offense, but rather a secondary. They can't stop you for it but if they do and they call you on it it's another 150. This fine is for 160 and if I call the court they will knock it down to 80 bux or so.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bummer. At least the fine is pretty reasonable, unlike here in Kali.

This is my co-pilot:
I have a Passport Wide band radar/laser but he caught me just as I crested the hill. I should have known better. I was the only one on the road so I had nothing to hide behind. ;)

I should be in the North Bay area the end of this month. Wife and I are gonna try and do the Alcatraz tour. Tried once before but they had it all booked by the time I got there so I should have reserved online. Never had trouble getting INTO jail before. :eek: j/k

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I have a Passport Wide band radar/laser but he caught me just as I crested the hill. I should have known better. I was the only one on the road so I had nothing to hide behind. ;)

Yeah, if you are first in line and he is using Ka, you are sunk

I should be in the North Bay area the end of this month. Wife and I are gonna try and do the Alcatraz tour. Tried once before but they had it all booked by the time I got there so I should have reserved online. Never had trouble getting INTO jail before. :eek: j/k Now that's funny!
:lol:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
My friend always call it the "speeding tax". He just sees it as an added cost to drive faster than anyone else. :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At least he was nice.. sorry you had to deal with this.. good reminder to slow down tho :D
He was nice cause I was polite and didn't mouth off to him. If I had, you can be sure it would have been 76 (mandatory court appearance). :)

Besides, he was just doing his job.

I bought this car to drive fast. Still trying to get the rush I got in my BA/FC and 212 MPH (on the dragstrip) but that ain't gonna happen. 130 was the best I have gotten before it hit the governor. Actually, I'd like to hit our governor. Kitzhauber is such a dick. But I digress ...

The way was wide open (well, except for the sheriff :lol: ) and I didn't endanger anyone else. It was high desert and laser straight roads for a distance. You can see anything. Well, except the sheriff. :eek:

On the main highways and freeways I never go above 8 or 9 over. The local Portland cops are not nice. Triple digits are automatically a tow for your ride and an evening at the Hillsboro Hilton (Washington County Jail).

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Hypothetically, if I had been driving my SS on the back roads here in KS, and had crested a hill, only to see a REALLY long stretch of flat road, with no other cars on it, no houses, no trees (it's Kansas, after all), and I had floored it, I might have been able to see 140 mph on my speedometer before I backed off. Theoretically, that is. :)

We drove my wife's RAV4 1200 miles a couple of weeks ago on a trip, and I tried really hard to keep it at 9 mph over. Some places it was 70, and apparently they don't follow the same "9 mph over is ok" rule that used to be around. I was respectful and apologetic, and he let me off with a warning, and said "keep it to 5 over and you'll be ok".

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Settled my ticket on the phone with my VISA today. :D

I had initially gone with what Oregon calls a Deferment Program (it keeps it off yer record) but decided against that.

$60 for the court, $40 for the online test that I had to take and an 8 dollar registration fee for the online company. The test was to be about 4 hours in duration.

My fine was $120.

Seemed like a no-brainer to me since this was the first ticket I've had in 30 years. I was talking with the court clerk while she was doing the paperwork and mentioned that I had been with my insurance company (USAA) for over 20 years and I don't think they are even gonna arch and eyebrow about this. She laughed and agreed.

So anyway, I'm good to go .... as long as I don't go really, really fast. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Glad you got the monkey off your back and you'r right...the insurance company won't care.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Settled my ticket on the phone with my VISA today. :D

I had initially gone with what Oregon calls a Deferment Program (it keeps it off yer record) but decided against that.

$60 for the court, $40 for the online test that I had to take and an 8 dollar registration fee for the online company. The test was to be about 4 hours in duration.

My fine was $120.

Seemed like a no-brainer to me since this was the first ticket I've had in 30 years. I was talking with the court clerk while she was doing the paperwork and mentioned that I had been with my insurance company (USAA) for over 20 years and I don't think they are even gonna arch and eyebrow about this. She laughed and agreed.

So anyway, I'm good to go .... as long as I don't go really, really fast. :lol:
Glad to hear the good news, wow thats pretty cool to do it all paper-less :thumbsup::thumbsup:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts