Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took delivery on our 2011 2SS/RS Imperial Blue Metallic Camaro today. We've been anxiously awaiting its arrival since we found out in was in the railyard on Friday. I'm attaching a pic of it. The heads up display is great. Didn't know if we would like it but it is cool!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
congrats you are definately the first on the board to have a 2011

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Glad to be first at something. Ha ha!! First with the 2011 model car payment too! Its great we drove it around most of the evening.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
CONGRATS!!!

nice color choice.;):thumbsup::5go:

·
Registered
729 Posts
WOO HOO, Awesomme!!! What's the first jam/song/tune/album/track you played?? Who is the first person you showed?? WE all hope your new Camaro is Perfect:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2011 Interior

I will post a pic of the interior of our 2011 interior later today or tomorrow. The only difference really is the heads up display. I'll post a pic of that too if it comes out ok on a picture.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Any changes? Did they address the passenger seat height issue? Congrats!
And Congrats to you too!!
I know nothing of this, can you please explain this issue in detail ?
Thanks...

Do you know if our 2011 SS is Factory Fill with "DEXOS" specification Approved Engine Oil or is it still Factory Fill with Mobil 1 ?
The reason I ask is that in the owners manual it states that it does and "GM"Hqtrs (Chevrolet Dept) does verify that also. But when I confirm this with the Dealership they said that it is a misprint in the manual ..

I lift up the hood and looked at the oil filler cap and it is a Mobil 1 cap so I guess they are still using Mobil 1 and the "DEXOS" is for future 2011 and beyond Vehicles..:confused:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Don't worry about it - you and your car will never be able to tell the difference.
" At this time, GM plans to also use Dexos-1 to replace the GM4718M spec for Corvette, Cadillac and engines with turbochargers, which stipulated Class III synthetic blends; Mobil 1 or the equivalent."

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't worry about it - you and your car will never be able to tell the difference.
" At this time, GM plans to also use Dexos-1 to replace the GM4718M spec for Corvette, Cadillac and engines with turbochargers, which stipulated Class III synthetic blends; Mobil 1 or the equivalent."
Thanks , I found the two supplement manual pages that replace the oil specification section which states that the factory fill oil in the 2011's (for now) is Mobil 1 .
I also confirmed this with the Service Adviser that if in the future that they start using this type of "DEXOS" spec. engine oil that it should not be a problem switching over to it , the only down fall is that it may cost some $$.$$ to use due to the new specification type engine oil when compared to Mobil 1 and or other brand synthetic oils (Pennzoil is the only Company now with this "DEXOS" specifications).

I'm glad that I have factory fill Mobil 1 in her anyways !!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts