Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

I joined the site about 5 months ago and haven't posted anything other then an introduction yet. I have been trying to drink in the information. I have a 2013 SS LS3 with the dual mode exhaust.

So today I crossed over and did my first mod. I installed a cold air intake from CAI. I was surprise at how simple the install was. It only took me about 45 minutes. Already thinking of my next mod and I was debating about putting ported throttle body on. It seems like another simple add and relatively inexpensive. It seems simple enough I can do it myself.

Anyway a few questions I am planning future modifications and would like some suggestions opinions. I have heard that the dual mode exhaust adds some HP is this true? Also with the dual mode exhaust would you suggest doing an aftermarket exhaust system? Is there any additional benefit I would get from adding an aftermarket

I was also thinking of getting 1LE suspension package. My dealership can add it. Would it be worth doing?

Also looking to do a relocation of the washer bottle.

I am trying not to void my warranty and I don't want to cross over into a supercharger just yet keeping that in mind other then the mods I mentioned what suggestions would you all have?

Thanks for your help in advance

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Good morning, I'd check w/your dealer, to see what they will allow you to do..thats on your check list for MOD's,
some dealers are very picky, some are great.. Just remember "always get it in righting" no matter what, just to save your butt ! :thumbsup:

Sorry to not comment on the other stuff, I have a picky dealer, Not MOD friendly :eek:/:lol:

Oh, keep us updated w/what you come across and pro's / con's of each MOD you do.. we here luv members that do this ;) N' :5go:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey hotrodrat,

Thanks for the feedback. So far the CAI has been great drove it last night and then had it out this morning. I think pretty much the comment everybody makes the engine just sounds different not sure I can say I actually feel it being any faster but it just feels different. So far no cons about the CAI but it has only been a day :)

Well for the LE1 suspension the dealer would be doing that. If that was what you were referring to.

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
I think we all have that illness, but love it!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Hey All,

I joined the site about 5 months ago and haven't posted anything other then an introduction yet. I have been trying to drink in the information. I have a 2013 SS LS3 with the dual mode exhaust.

So today I crossed over and did my first mod. I installed a cold air intake from CAI. I was surprise at how simple the install was. It only took me about 45 minutes. Already thinking of my next mod and I was debating about putting ported throttle body on. It seems like another simple add and relatively inexpensive. It seems simple enough I can do it myself.

Anyway a few questions I am planning future modifications and would like some suggestions opinions. I have heard that the dual mode exhaust adds some HP is this true? Also with the dual mode exhaust would you suggest doing an aftermarket exhaust system? Is there any additional benefit I would get from adding an aftermarket

I was also thinking of getting 1LE suspension package. My dealership can add it. Would it be worth doing?

Also looking to do a relocation of the washer bottle.

I am trying not to void my warranty and I don't want to cross over into a supercharger just yet keeping that in mind other then the mods I mentioned what suggestions would you all have?

Thanks for your help in advance
I started this thread in the Suspension thread (http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-forum/49394-1-le-track-pack-best-option.html) but really didn't get much of a response. It will give you some idea on cost and what is and isn't included. I'd still like to see some more input from those in the know. Like you I'm warranty loss adverse :lol:

Welcome to the discussions :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I started this thread in the Suspension thread (http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-forum/49394-1-le-track-pack-best-option.html) but really didn't get much of a response. It will give you some idea on cost and what is and isn't included. I'd still like to see some more input from those in the know. Like you I'm warranty loss adverse :lol:

Welcome to the discussions :)
Thanks for responding I will have to check out your thread. The dealership that I bought my car at has parts and install at $1800... I am sure I can get a better deal somewhere else. Did you end up getting it installed? If you did was it worth it?

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Thanks for responding I will have to check out your thread. The dealership that I bought my car at has parts and install at $1800... I am sure I can get a better deal somewhere else. Did you end up getting it installed? If you did was it worth it?
No I am still debating things my next thing I am going to do is switch hoods ... then probably a CAI and ported throttle body but I think the LE1 pack or something comparable isin the cards after that

I think I can do better on the labor also, but it was a starting point

·
Registered
331 Posts
I installed a cold air intake from CAI. I was surprise at how simple the install was. It only took me about 45 minutes. Already thinking of my next mod and I was debating about putting ported throttle body on. It seems like another simple add and relatively inexpensive. It seems simple enough I can do it myself.
Do the washer bottle relocation and also a front nose intake scoop to feed the CAI.

The PTB was worth it in my mind also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do the washer bottle relocation and also a front nose intake scoop to feed the CAI.

The PTB was worth it in my mind also.
BBQdDude,

Thanks for the input. Did you do the relocation yourself? If so how difficult was it?

The PTB I want to get done in the next couple of weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts