Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are proud to offer 2010-2011 Camaro cold air intakes from Granatelli Motorsports. These guys have been in the business for a long time now and they make some of the best performance products around.

They have recently introduced their cold air intake kits for the 2010-2011 Camaro SS, offering intake tubes in Polished, Black, Satin and even carbon Fiber finish.

Does anyone have any pictures of these kits already installed in their vehicles for people to see how good they look!

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i don't know why they made the heat shield like that, it just looks useless with the backside open.

i do like the way the filter has the filtered end with a reverse cone shape. allows more air in for that size of filter.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i don't know why they made the heat shield like that, it just looks useless with the backside open.

I do like the way the filter has the filtered end with a reverse cone shape. allows more air in for that size of filter.
The back side is not open. It seals against the outer line of the strut tower. All air is drawn from the coolest part of the headlight cavity:thumbsup:

Rest assured we have you covered

:5go:

·
Registered
150 Posts
You have to remember, Air (is like a fluid when we talk about airflow and fluid dynamics) will always take the path of least resistance. The dyno shows it all - LINK ABOVE -

I can promise you 95% of the air flowing through the filter and to the engine is as cool as it can be - meaning ambient from the front of the car:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
That is the cost for the entire kit. w.mc discount/military discount if their is any, is it the same for a modified exahust. Is there a diffrence for the V6. .How much does it effect the factory ride quality. I realize it will stiffen the ride but by how much. Since I am not going to road race/auto cross do I really need it..

·
Registered
96 Posts
No, actually it's the letter of the law VS. the spirit of the law. So technically speaking, your CAI is NOT legal in California. That's pretty much what I needed to know.

To be CARB legal we need to run the stock Carbon Trap filter - We have not done that. - it is the letter of the law vs. the intent:cool:

·
Registered
150 Posts
That is the cost for the entire kit. w.mc discount/military discount if their is any, is it the same for a modified exahust. Is there a diffrence for the V6. .How much does it effect the factory ride quality. I realize it will stiffen the ride but by how much. Since I am not going to road race/auto cross do I really need it..
It rides flatter and has virtually NO TWIST :thumbsup:

The system comes with spacers so one part numbers works with stock V8 and Stock V6 all the way up to long tube headers and twin turbos:)

You will be very happy with the ride - no loss in quality. Beats the heck out of solid bushings - I'll tell you that right now:thumbsup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
No, actually it's the letter of the law VS. The spirit of the law. So technically speaking, your CAI is NOT legal in California. That's pretty much what I needed to know.
Letter / Spirit / Intent - OK

We have a system that uses the carbon trap filter and is days away from final 50 state approval - It won’t make more power but will cost a few bucks more.

So if the letter of the law is supreme - We can help you as well. My guess is the other 99% will stick with the huge filters and change the system once every 2 years on the day it requires a visual inspection - As most report, many of the smog places know better and don't hassle and CAI

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah it is OK. All three terms have three different meanings. You selling to someone who is unaware of the CARB law in Calif may be willing to purchase your CAI based on your wording. In this case, your "Intent" is to down play the legality of it. Sounds like you shuck and jive to make a sale.

I don't want to have to swap the intakes when I go to get the car smogged, which is what I'd have to do. To some it's not a big deal. To me it's just something I have to set aside time for and is a pain.

My original question was simple. Is your system CARB certified or not. That was all I needed to know.

Letter / Spirit / Intent - OK

We have a system that uses the carbon trap filter and is days away from final 50 state approval - It won’t make more power but will cost a few bucks more.

So if the letter of the law is supreme - We can help you as well. My guess is the other 99% will stick with the huge filters and change the system once every 2 years on the day it requires a visual inspection - As most report, many of the smog places know better and don't hassle and CAI

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah it is OK. All three terms have three different meanings. You selling to someone who is unaware of the CARB law in Calif may be willing to purchase your CAI based on your wording. In this case, your "Intent" is to down play the legality of it. Sounds like you shuck and jive to make a sale.

I don't want to have to swap the intakes when I go to get the car smogged, which is what I'd have to do. To some it's not a big deal. To me it's just something I have to set aside time for and is a pain.

My original question was simple. Is your system CARB certified or not. That was all I needed to know.
Why can't people play nice? Shooter, sounds like you are shooting your self in the foot. Why hassle GMS, he is trying to help us not hide anything. No fancy words or lingo. You're being a hard ass.

as to "setting aside time to change intakes" it would take less time to change the intake than it did to write this post. :lol:

Why can't we all get along

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is your first post? Really? What a tool!

Why can't people play nice? Shooter, sounds like you are shooting your self in the foot. Why hassle GMS, he is trying to help us not hide anything. No fancy words or lingo. You're being a hard ass.

as to "setting aside time to change intakes" it would take less time to change the intake than it did to write this post. :lol:

Why can't we all get along

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is your first post? Really? What a tool!
New to Modern Camaro, not new to the world. Just looking at intakes and this link popped up. If you're looking for a fight or engaging convo - I am not your guy. I just want ideas so my brother and I can create a new dream car for ourselves. I am a body shop guy and consider myself an above average mechanic.

I called myself twin turbo because that is where we are going with this car - not there yet. My point to you was why be a hater. Along the lines of what you were saying, who offers a 50 state legal air intake for the 2010-2012 cars. Even GM performnance parts do not offer one and they sell them at the dealer.

You're from So Cal. Where exactly? The dealer told me they could sell me the intake but I had to install it. After that they would not void the warranty.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts