Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was pretty discouraged that I couldnt get the polished wheels with the RS package (being that im paying for an upgrade option and cant get the wheels I want) and voiced this concern to my dealer who thought it was ****ed up too. So After a couple days debating with the factory, he was able to get them to change the order form and allow us to get the RS PACKAGE WITH THE POLISHED WHEELS!:roxor:

Thanks goes out to Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson, TX :patriot:

·
Registered
117 Posts
So I was pretty discouraged that I couldnt get the polished wheels with the RS package (being that im paying for an upgrade option and cant get the wheels I want) and voiced this concern to my dealer who thought it was ****ed up too. So After a couple days debating with the factory, he was able to get them to change the order form and allow us to get the RS PACKAGE WITH THE POLISHED WHEELS!:roxor:

Thanks goes out to Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson, TX :patriot:
Hmm....who was your salesperson?

·
Registered
86 Posts
personally, I like the idea you can only get the painted wheels with the RS. it sets it off as an RS and distinguishes it.

with polished, its going to look almost like every other SS out there.

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
We did change the policy.

Originally, we felt that the darker wheel would set the RS apart from all other Camaros-- (and I still feel that way...)

HOWEVER -- we DO listen to our customer base -- and so we're going to change the policy -- you WILL be able to order an RS with a polished 20 inch wheel if you so desire -- please give us a few days to change the order tables!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cool, although I am sticking with the dark color for mine, but I am glad to hear that. Scott, we know you and the rest of the team listen to us, the problem is getting the 'big wigs' to listen. Glad to see you could twist some arms.
So... whats the word on a blue SS?

·
Registered
86 Posts

Originally, we felt that the darker wheel would set the RS apart from all other Camaros-- (and I still feel that way...)

HOWEVER -- we DO listen to our customer base -- and so we're going to change the policy -- you WILL be able to order an RS with a polished 20 inch wheel if you so desire -- please give us a few days to change the order tables!
although, personally, I think this waters down the RS, I'm glad your listening to the enthusiasts!!! you can't please everyone. thanks for all your work regardless! :patriot:

·
Registered
2 Posts

what you mean by darker sheel? i thought SS wheels were either painted silver or polished

·
Registered
334 Posts
Watered down

Its good that they listen to us but where will it stop? If i only want the halo's and body colored molding will they change it for me, prob not. I dont want all the models watered down so you cant tell the difference after awhile. :BangHead:

although, personally, I think this waters down the RS, I'm glad your listening to the enthusiasts!!! you can't please everyone. thanks for all your work regardless!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
personally, I think the polished wheels will look better with cyber-gray...the midnight silver might look weird...too close of a color match without actually matching...you know what I mean? Just my .02

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Cool, although I am sticking with the dark color for mine, but I am glad to hear that. Scott, we know you and the rest of the team listen to us, the problem is getting the 'big wigs' to listen. Glad to see you could twist some arms.
So... whats the word on a blue SS?
actually, it wasn't a matter of twisting arms -- this is a great team -- and thanks needs to go to Cheryl Pilcher -- she got it done!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hey Scott,

Do you think employee pricing will be available? I know these prices are considered reasonable but we're hurting (at least I am in the wallet) and I'd love to buy an top of the line SS.

Is that possible or foreseeable? If so I might be able put a deposit on one then.

I'm not sure if you remember my old Supercharged Sunset Orange Metallic SS or not.

Thanks a lot!

Jeff

·
Registered
897 Posts
actually, it wasn't a matter of twisting arms -- this is a great team -- and thanks needs to go to Cheryl Pilcher -- she got it done!
I'm sure that you've got a great team there, you'd have to a great team to have put out such an amazing car, but if you have to twist some arms to get some blue SS models, I give you permission to twist away :D

Edit: sorry I realized this wasn't exactly on topic, so I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in and say that I like the idea to separate the RS with the darker wheels but you gotta let people be individual where you can otherwise they'd just have to go pay money to change them anyways and if they have to go spend alot of money to make the car how they want it, then its just that much more difficult justifying the purchase in the first place.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts