Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put over 2000 miles through 10 states on my Camaro in 7 days on the Power Tour.
My son and I had a great time and the car was/is awesome. Here are a few pictures
Pat

1st day stop at the HD museum

Cruising with the Edelbrocks, Nice Family!

Photo shoot setup by Hot Rod of all the 5th gens for the Oct issue but only 4 of the 9 Camaro showed up

Just 1 of the 7 stops on the tour

One of 3 carwash stops with a good friend and his SRT/8

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I put over 2000 miles through 10 states on my Camaro in 7 days on the Power Tour.
My son and I had a great time and the car was/is awesome. Here are a few pictures
Pat

Pat, thanks for the nice pictures - looks like a great time. Some friends of mine were long haulers as well, white 09 Dodge Ram R/T adn a red Ford Lightning.

I took some shots at the Detroit stop here: http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14415

I saw you as well :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks like a great time. I was on the 2005 Power Tour in a SSR and had a great time. How was the weather? It seems like they have the worse time with rain and other bad weather.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The weather on the tour was for the most part good. We had just enough rain to get the cars dirty every other day. The best part was the cruising with my son Kurt! In Bristol we tried to race the cars but never lined up at the same time. Both cars/drivers had poor 60’ times 14.40 for the SRT/8 and 14.30 for the Camaro with 2.6 60’ times (we suck!)
I did the same with my Shelby the 1st time out (13.30), then the next time when I learned more about how to drive the car I ran 12.13 at 120mph
Thanks!
Pat

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pat

1st day stop at the HD museum

Cruising with the Edelbrocks, Nice Family!

Photo shoot setup by Hot Rod of all the 5th gens for the Oct issue but only 4 of the 9 Camaro showed up

Just 1 of the 7 stops on the tour

That's my yellow car with the black strips!

·
Registered
42 Posts
The weather on the tour was for the most part good. We had just enough rain to get the cars dirty every other day. The best part was the cruising with my son Kurt! In Bristol we tried to race the cars but never lined up at the same time. Both cars/drivers had poor 60’ times 14.40 for the SRT/8 and 14.30 for the Camaro with 2.6 60’ times (we suck!)
I did the same with my Shelby the 1st time out (13.30), then the next time when I learned more about how to drive the car I ran 12.13 at 120mph
Thanks!
Pat
you already drove that hard? is there no "wear in" period?
not sure anymore since my father in law bought his GTO in 2005 and they told him "alternate your freeway speed on your way home" (we had about a 35 min. stretch of freeway back to his house) they said to gun it up to about 80 then back down to about 60, repeat, repeat, repeat... never going the same speed for more than a minute or so.
i thought that was weird... maybe i'll use this crazy looking button up here called "SEARCH" for engine wear in... :5go:

anyway, glad you and your son had a good time on the power tour! i hope i can go someday with mine! (son AND camaro!)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you already drove that hard? is there no "wear in" period?
not sure anymore since my father in law bought his GTO in 2005 and they told him "alternate your freeway speed on your way home" (we had about a 35 min. stretch of freeway back to his house) they said to gun it up to about 80 then back down to about 60, repeat, repeat, repeat... never going the same speed for more than a minute or so.
i thought that was weird... maybe i'll use this crazy looking button up here called "SEARCH" for engine wear in... :5go:

anyway, glad you and your son had a good time on the power tour! i hope i can go someday with mine! (son AND camaro!)
I put over 1500 miles on the car by the time we raced the cars in Bristol, I think it was ready! I know I was!
Thanks!

our78redvette,
That's my yellow car with the black strips!
I hope Hot Rod put that picture in the oct issue!
Thanks!

Pat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts