Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!
The "hell" reference was for the temps we are having here in Las Vegas. Was 112 yesterday and will be 113 or so today. The track (LVMS dragstrip) shuts down this time of the year because of the horrible DA. Track temps can reach 170*F. and the DA can easily be over 6000'. :eek:

Just came over from LS1Tech.com and thought I would join in the fun here. Mostly a lurker, but I join in some threads from time to time and even start a new one if I have something relevant to say. ;)

Hope to learn something about the new Camaro as info becomes available. As you can see in my lame attempt at a sig, I have a couple of 4th gens, one of which is a money pit. :BangHead:

See you guys around, and thanks for a nice new sandbox to play in. :D

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Welcome to the forums. :hello:

What's your car run?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. :cool:

Welcome to the forums. :hello:

What's your car run?
Well Brandon, you will have to allow for the fact that we are up here at 2200 feet elev. and the DA never gets below 3000'. :rolleyes:
That being said, you can knock off around 0.50 or more if I was in middle TN.
So far I have only run all motor: 11.21 @ 120.43 (1.52) race wt.= 3950 lbs.
Yeah, it's a pig and still has all factory power accessories including A/C and cruise. Street legal car, licensed and insured and driven to the track and back

Has a 6 pt. roll bar and 9" moser, full BMR suspension, QA1 12 ways, Wolf weld in sway bar. (single) etc., etc., too much to list here.
Was on 27"/11.50 QTPs when it ran the low eleven.

Recently added a built RMVB TH400 w/transbrake and a Nitrous Dave plate with his stand alone fuel system. Went out one time with a 150 hit and fried the 3/4 clutch pack in a Coan " race built" 4L60e. Got tired of replacing those weak ass OD trannys and got the new one in recently. Was on Hoosier 28"/10.5 slicks when I wasted that tranny. Was looking for high nines and had the NOS digtal controller set on KILL. . . :lol:

When the weather cools off again, I'll go back out and try again with the trans that will hold the power this time I hope. Have it dyno tuned for the 150 hit, but I might need to bump up to 200 shot to get the tank into the high nines.
BTW, my time in the 1/8 mile on that 11.21 pass was a 7.11 @ 97 mph for your reference. The car could actually be quick if it was stripped. ;)

Welcom/ does HELL get that hot?
Thanks for the welcome Ed, and you have a point. Hell might feel cold compared to Vegas this time of the year. :lol:

Later guys. . .

·
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr
366 Posts
Hi, welcome. Hot Car. I'm not much of a poster either, but yes this is the best board around for getting any 5thgen info. I'm a fellow roaster as well, I work in the Middle East. I leave Monday for Kuwait. the guy I'm relieving told me it's 131f, or that's as high as the thermometer goes. And no, it's not a dry heat. :).

Good luck in your quest for 9's.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again for ALL the welcomes. ;)
Much appreciated. :cool:

WELCOME! Come to Wisconsin when the CAMARO launches! PLAY IN THE SNOW!
Thanks Scotty, but I wouldn't know how to act in weather that cold. ;)
A bit too far for a road trip, but I wish the launch was closer to Vegas.

Hi, welcome. Hot Car. I'm not much of a poster either, but yes this is the best board around for getting any 5thgen info. I'm a fellow roaster as well, I work in the Middle East. I leave Monday for Kuwait. the guy I'm relieving told me it's 131f, or that's as high as the thermometer goes. And no, it's not a dry heat. :).

Good luck in your quest for 9's.
131*F :eek:
I am officially going to quit whining about the heat here. :)
Thanks for the good wishes, I will do my best to hit the nines next time out.
Looks like you have a real nice stable of Hot Rods yourself, take it slow over there and keep your head down. You need to get back safely to take care of all those great cars in your garage. :cool:

Later guys. . .

·
Registered
13 Posts
aww **** i heading over there on the 17th of this month (july) thats way too hot lol... welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Welcome from Long Island, NY! Glad you could join us, John.

Nice E.T. with the Camaro, especially considering the DA and temp.
I know what you mean about 'pig'.....the best I've ever run in my Magnum RT is 12.3 @ 113 mph with a race weight of 4345 lbs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again for all of the welcomes. :cool:
Hopefully I will be able to contribute something to the site from time to time.
Great group of folks on here from what I have seen so far. :hello:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts