Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Fell in love with the new Camaro after seeing Transformers... heck who didn't? Anyways I live in the Netherlands (ye thats in Europe for those who don't know ;))

Was checking out the web and came across this awesome countdown page with a link to this forum. Sweet info and will prob keep me more updated about the car.

At the moment I have a 1991 Volkswagen Corrado G60 1900 (see below) which is getting pretty old.

So far I haven't found a worthy replacement for my car... well maybe till now. I like cars you don't see every day. Something special. And over here the new Camaro will surely qualify for that. Haven't even seen a new Mustang on the road since the release.
So... there is just this little thing called handling. What I know from american cars handling and cornering it not the best in the world. Hope to be able to take a test drive some time and see for myself. Till then, the Camaro is my dream :cool:

update: replaced the picture

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome to the site! :thumbsup:

The town I live in has the same name as a province over there - South Holland.
That's a province or something over there isn't it?
you forgot to mention your of Dutch ancestry yourself...

as am I...

welcome to the site Nightlore, good to see some europeans over there can appreciate some true american muscle and style

So... there is just this little thing called handling. What I know from american cars handling and cornering it not the best in the world.
i dont think you'll have much to worry about there

just curious.. have you had personal experience with american cars handling and cornering or are you just going by what others have said?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Welcome! As far as American cars and handling, see results on the Corvette...any 4th, 5th, or 6th gen. Oh, and last gen Camaros also. If you get any info regarding handling from Motor Trend Magazine, please disregard such info, as the employees of said magazine don't actually know how to operate a motor vehicle, much less grant a car one of their "prestigious awards".

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome :patriot:

Yup South Holland is a province over here. I actually live in that province. Some town next to Rotterdam.

My comment about handling and cornering is based on what I heard and read. Top Gear (UK program) sometimes have US cars in the program. Apart from normal american cars (like a ford focus) I never driving an american musle car/corvette/viper and so on. They are just too rare over here. Sometimes I see a Crysler 300 or some Dodge pickup, thats about it (talking about big american cars).

Doubt the Camaro will be imported here. So next year I'll have to take a trip to the states and take it for a spin. That is, if the car beside looking is good to drive. Have to import it myself. Hope the dollar will stay low :cool:

But all worth it. It looks so **** good!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome :patriot:

Yup South Holland is a province over here. I actually live in that province. Some town next to Rotterdam.

My comment about handling and cornering is based on what I heard and read. Top Gear (UK program) sometimes have US cars in the program. Apart from normal american cars (like a ford focus) I never driving an american musle car/corvette/viper and so on. They are just too rare over here. Sometimes I see a Crysler 300 or some Dodge pickup, thats about it (talking about big american cars).

Doubt the Camaro will be imported here. So next year I'll have to take a trip to the states and take it for a spin. That is, if the car beside looking is good to drive. Have to import it myself. Hope the dollar will stay low :cool:

But all worth it. It looks so **** good!
Man big Welcome!! :hello:

I watch Top Gear on BBC america all the time. :D I would suggest checking out the Episode on the "Holden Monaro Coupe". Jeremy Clarkson simply loved that car! It was sold here in the US as the Pontiac GTO. While Camaro is going to be a really different ball of wax, that is about the closest thing to point you at. The Camaro V8 will probably be lighter (GTO wieghs 3750+ lbs), have the same or more power, along with a more developed chassis and suspension then that car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18pEMw9CpM4 (Linky!)

Something else, it shows that they may have alot of preconseptions about a car made in america on that show. I watch the show and actually like it, don't get me wrong, but I know the review of this car for example would have been completely different if it were under the pontiac moniker. He might of still "Liked" it, but I am sure he would of had to nit pick alot more. Holden is owned by GM and is very instramental in the development of the new Camaro. Hehe I have a feeling, Jeremy Clarkson will even like the 5thgen wether he will admit it or not. :lol:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good thing about Top Gear is that they are really honost. If they think a car is bad, they just say so. For some time there were not allowed to drive any Ferrari cause they were too negative about the cars. I really respect that.

They had the new mustang on the show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCisjSMia6E

And the new shelby later on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0s4OAMISN4

No doubt they will test the Camaro when they get their hands on one :roxor:
Hope it will have better brakes and suspension then the initial mustang

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Today I went to zandvoort. It's a circuit at the beach over here. What was so special about today? It was like a usa car sunday and I just went to take a look.

Normally maybe you see one of these cars a month over here, so it was fun to go watch. See all photos here.

some pics:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts