Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All around...not a bad game...and I will say, even though its a video game it gives you your camaro fix as well. The interior is very similiar to the concept photos includin the cluster gauges. I can only speak for the PS3 version, but there is multiplayer..I haven't given it a shot yet. I put an hour or so into the game to get the camaro....concept sells at $112,000..hahaha.

And no...you cannot tune the vehicles (as far as I have seen to this point). Nevertheless...it is a "different" approach to racing games and is actually a good bit of fun. You can win a good portion of the races with the camaro as well. The only modifications you can do to the camaro is colors and patterns. If you have ever thought of a specific paint job or pattern...it is in this game. The tail end of the vehicle looks soooo bad ass.

To sum it up..not a bad buy...but not quite the realism in pricing, SOUND, or handling as Gran Turismo will have next year when it comes out with the full game (assuming it has the camaro).

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
It is on the 360 and plays really well. Looks great on my new laptop though, so I'm not sure which I'm going to pick it up for. A few weeks ago Blockbuster was having a used game sale, and I picked up PGR4 for $19...So I'm thinking I should play that after I finish GTA IV (two missions left).

·
Registered
318 Posts
Looks slick. NFS:pro Street is quite a bit of fun with the 400hp Camaro concept, too.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I've only played the demo for Grid on my PS3, but I did get to play with the Camaro on NFS:pro Street.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the handling in these games. My cars always slam into walls doing 30. C'mon! I've taken turns in real life doing 40 and came out just fine!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've only played the demo for Grid on my PS3, but I did get to play with the Camaro on NFS:pro Street.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the handling in these games. My cars always slam into walls doing 30. C'mon! I've taken turns in real life doing 40 and came out just fine!
It does take about a day or two to get used too..haha,

·
Registered
330 Posts
i have tried to download the trial edition 3 times, always a broken file when i get it...

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Has anyone played one of the open wheel mini-formula car races? Frickin AWESOME. It's like playing Mario Kart on Krack.

ANYWAY, maybe someone can fill me in here. I have a "Team" but I don't have team members. How am I supposed to get team members? It's ridiculous that all of the career races are "team" races, and even though I finish first in all of the races, I'm always 3rd or 4th overall.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha yes, you need a teammate, there shoudl be a driver link when you go to "MY TEAM". Clint Field if you can afford him, and yes open wheel is alot of fun. I actually dont mind drift either, i hate that fast n furious nonsense, but when you through a camaro in the mix....good stuff

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
O.K. Seriously. Screw the 24 Hr LeMans race in Grid...Seriously. It's automatic, so you have to do it one way or the other. If you decide you want to try it a different way (say on your own) you can't. You can retire, which screws your rep. Damned 30 minute race. I'm on the Matmut driving team with Porche RS3 or something and it's by FAR not the fastest car in my class. With the huge straightaways you pretty much have to cock block every other car in your class. **** this race sucks.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally beat it. Not a bad pay day...$252K. Something tells me this isn't the only time in the game I'm going to have to play that damned race.

I still can't figure out how to hire drivers for my team.
It is every **** year and its stupid as hell. 9 times out of 10 I dont race it...its 30 minutes and if you want to win the race completely you have to spend about 15 mil ...all for 250k...no thank you..

Besides that, the game all in all is pretty fun

·
Registered
18 Posts
I too say the game isn't too bad. I'd prefer more tuning access to the car though. The detail of the car is cool though. I don't like the controls because they aren't progressive, so either the gas seems to be on or off, like the brake. I usually turn all the assists off, but I have to keep the traction control on so I can actually accelerate and not spin out every corner.

I'd give it an 8.0.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.