Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont hear any rumblings of this.. why not? The consumer is all powerful -when we stick together..

So anyone in central FL want to join me? Any dealers listening? I'm sure they would like to sell 10 Camaros at once. ;)

Let the negotiations begin! :lol:

·
Registered
318 Posts
I believe taxes are lower in Seminole County, so thats another bit of savings...problem is Classic and Bill Heard have been known to gouge a bit from my personal experience..

I'd be up for a deal as any consumer would be....but I just dont know exactly when I will be purchasing this vehicle. I expect Orange and Seminole county dealers to consistently gouge for the first 4-6 months due to high population in Cent. FL and increased demand.

I don't think that dealers will care much about "Group Purchases" until the initial buzz has worn off and they have 5 or more on the lots for a week or two.
Second that... I expect the gouging to be consistent with the "buzz" and "rave" about this vehicle which will last at least 6 months, if not an entire year. Recall some dealers who have openly admitted to selling above MSRP for the first year? Obviously, you have dealers that will sell at MSRP across the country; (sadly I have lost faith in my Chevy dealerships in Florida and their level of "fairness") so I dont believe many of those will be in Cent. Florida. To sum it all up....I don't believe they will care to sell 10 vehicles if they can wait and sell 10 at 2 or 3k over MSRP just a few weeks later. By the time we can get a decent vehicle as a group, I am assuming they will be down to MSRP as is...

Not trying to be negative...I just had some bad experiences with dealers in our area....so bad that I actually bought a Ford truck...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I dont feel the same way.. look at the state of the economy and gas prices. have you seen recent new car sales data? used car sales? both are in the tank! GM stock?

remember GM will TRY to sell 80,000+ units of a car which isnt a hybrid or electric, but rather a "toy" which is bought with discretionary income.

yes some will have the money and pay over MSRP - but for the masses GM will be happy to sell at or below MSRP - GM and dealers still make money.

I have been first on my local dealers list since fall of '07. I will not pay $.01 over MSRP period! If they dont want to sell at that price I will buy from the other dealer.

BTW I'm located in Melbourne FL.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I dont feel the same way.. look at the state of the economy and gas prices. have you seen recent new car sales data? used car sales? both are in the tank! GM stock?

remember GM will TRY to sell 80,000+ units of a car which isnt a hybrid or electric, but rather a "toy" which is bought with discretionary income.

yes some will have the money and pay over MSRP - but for the masses GM will be happy to sell at or below MSRP - GM and dealers still make money.

I have been first on my local dealers list since fall of '07. I will not pay $.01 over MSRP period! If they dont want to sell at that price I will buy from the other dealer.

BTW I'm located in Melbourne FL.
hahah, well you havent been to classic or bill heard then...

20k for a colorado...a **** 4 banger....regardless I will do some research and some hunting and I am game to tag with anyone

·
Registered
318 Posts
I live in Missouri, but I'll drive my Monte SS down to Florida to sell it on a new Camaro, for a group purchase. It'll be a fun time. Plus, then we can all cruise down to the local exhaust shop and have the mufflers removed. :D And then drive off all at once, and scare everyone in a 2 block radius.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.