Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i guess i'll never understand why a few GTO owners hate on the new Camaro so much... but i guess i should expect it since they're prolly the same ones who traded in their bimmers, wrx's, and 350Z's to get the GTO and only because it was built in Australia and they feel GMNA had nothing to do with the car. they're also the same people who think all Camaro drivers have mullets :rolleyes:

every time i make a new Camaro post over there, the usual suspects always jump my case. now, they're mad at my comments i made in the Milford vids about "look out Challenger, look out Mustang" because they think the new Camaro will be smoked by both. :rotflmao:

witness the hilarity for yourself...

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257170

·
Registered
897 Posts
i guess i'll never understand why a few GTO owners hate on the new Camaro so much... but i guess i should expect it since they're prolly the same ones who traded in their bimmers, wrx's, and 350Z's to get the GTO and only because it was built in Australia and they feel GMNA had nothing to do with the car. they're also the same people who think all Camaro drivers have mullets :rolleyes:

every time i make a new Camaro post over there, the usual suspects always jump my case. now, they're mad at my comments i made in the Milford vids about "look out Challenger, look out Mustang" because they think the new Camaro will be smoked by both. :rotflmao:

witness the hilarity for yourself...

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257170
GTO owners are just pissed that GM didn't spend the time to put out a good looking GTO, instead of the family sedan minus 2 doors that is and always will be the 2000 era GTO. I was raised in the passenger seat of my dad's '66 gto and always wanted one. I was almost excited when I heard about them putting out a new one in 03, then saw it, and didn't get stuck in denial about how boring they looked like those people did.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
That board is one step below what LS1tech has turned into.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I am a little surprised that a GTO owner(s) would knock the Camaro like that. Ya, it is a little heavier than I had hoped, by a couple hundred lbs. But one would expect that from a Vette owner, no not you CUONCRS ;), but the typical mid age crisis vette owner. Oh well, we'll see when it comes out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The oversized cavalier owners are uptight because each day that goes by is one day closer to them getting spanked by the camaro. Those cavalier owners should know patience is a virtue. :lol: :lol:

For me it was an easy "no buy" decision. The car was an over powered cavalier. The Camaro is a serious modern day muscle car will looks AND power to kill.. I'd be surr'd too!

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
As much as I disagree with 'badge wars' between the different loyalists out there, I refuse to stoop to the level of insulting other cars just because they aren't the same as what's in my driveway....today or tomorrow.

I'm an automotive enthusiast. If a '91 Honda Civic hands me my a$$ at the track, I won't bash him. I'll go out of my way to find him in the pits to shake his hand. I respect what people put into their cars to make them faster, stop quicker and corner better.

Let's take it with a grain of salt and just consider the bashing of our Camaros a form of entertainment....because all I can do is laugh at those jokers.;)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
They're made because it is the equivalent to showing up to a family reunion and seeing a smoking hot cousin you know you can't hump.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Selena made a legitimate and good hard point in this post:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4501340&postcount=130

I believe it said it all. But they still manage to ignore the facts and make stupid post like this:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4501376&postcount=131

If a stock G8 GT can hang to the rear quarter of a SRT8 Charger, they fail to realize what a lighter car with more power will do. Plus the Challenger doesnt different much in weight to the Charger so I think Selena was rightfully so in her smack talking. Hell, the subtle 1/4 run in both L99 and LS3 cars were better than a Challenger.

And the funny part is that they are still comparing the SRT8 to the SS. I think the SS in more aimed at the R/T but still manages better than a SRT8. They fail to see that point too.

As for the Mustang, I lost faith in Ford long ago. Im comfortable in saying that they are not a issue to worry about with the Mustang.

Then I noticed in the thread that they said a modded Challenger will be more likely than a SS because the parts are available. Im sure its wont take over 6 months to see a decent aftermarket, plus the engine part aftermaket is already here too........I guess they never heard of a LS3 vette. Im sure one cam fits the other, lol. Plus they ignored the handling capabilities.

I felt dumb after reading the GTO nutswingers comments.

As for the weigh deal:

I like to dyno both a LS2 GTO and a LS3 Camaro. Which will be surprising overrated and have way more power over to the wheels than the other.

I would say the Camaro.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
That site has alot of good information. It has went down hill recently. There are alot of trouble makers that have been allowed to hang around instead of being banned.

Not all GTO owners are Camaro haters. ;)

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
This is exactly it.

I'm an automotive enthusiast. If a '91 Honda Civic hands me my a$$ at the track, I won't bash him. I'll go out of my way to find him in the pits to shake his hand. I respect what people put into their cars to make them faster, stop quicker and corner better.
Well said. I agree

The oversized cavalier owners are uptight because each day that goes by is one day closer to them getting spanked by the camaro. Those cavalier owners should know patience is a virtue. :lol: :lol:

For me it was an easy "no buy" decision. The car was an over powered cavalier. The Camaro is a serious modern day muscle car will looks AND power to kill.. I'd be surr'd too!
You sound almost like they do. The 5th Gen is essentially the 2nd generation GTO. It's a 2 door G8. It's engineered by Holden. No one wants to admit this because either side has its nutswingers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
GTO owners are just pissed that GM didn't spend the time to put out a good looking GTO, instead of the family sedan minus 2 doors that is and always will be the 2000 era GTO. I was raised in the passenger seat of my dad's '66 gto and always wanted one. I was almost excited when I heard about them putting out a new one in 03, then saw it, and didn't get stuck in denial about how boring they looked like those people did.
The '66 GTO was my favorite of the early GTOs, a good friend of mine had a '66 Tri-power four speed that was a lot of fun.
Clyde

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Not all GTO owners are Camaro haters. ;)
We hang out with the new orleans goat herd every so often. One of my drag racing buddies has an 06 gto. He is a huge 3rd gen camaro nut. I know there all not bad, but man do they have some clowns on that board.

·
Registered
97 Posts

CAVALIER owners, I thought they were 2 door Accords.
I really dont have anything to say bad about the GTO. They cant help it if
Pontaic made all thier cars look alike. At least the front of camaro doesnt look like the front of Impala or cobalt or Monte carlo or Malibu.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Wow, I'm glad now that I didn't get a GTO, because I couldn't handle being pissed off at the rest of the world.

I sure hope that Camaro owners don't get like that, I don't want this site turning into that. But from what I've seen, Camaro owners are mostly car enthusiasts.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
We hang out with the new orleans goat herd every so often. One of my drag racing buddies has an 06 gto. He is a huge 3rd gen camaro nut. I know there all not bad, but man do they have some clowns on that board.
I've hung around the local GTO crew. There are some nice older guys in the group, but many others have the attitude if it's not a GTO, then it sucks. There is pride and then there is ignorance (which to some, is bliss). The only cars the GTO crowd seems to think are better are Imports and Z06/ZR1.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Demonspeed I have a reality check..

Will the LS3 Camaro run quicker than the LS2 GTO? (ie "spank" the GTO?)

Does the 5th gen Camaro look better than the GTO? (I know looks are in the eye of the beholder - but really - who are we kidding?) :D

I'm not "bashing" the GTO, just stating facts here.. if you dont like it you must own a GTO. :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm not getting those who fail to recognize that the original GTO was, reduced to its basics, a family sedan with two doors. Okay, often it was a hardtop, and sometimes a convertible, but that's where its roots are. Of course, it helps that both the old and new GTOs are based off of good family sedans (there was a plot in the '80s to base it off the Grand Am). They were results of the sort of alchemy that Detroit used to be very good at.

I think, though that the first one of the haters who tries the new Camaro will be of of those who pay a horrid premium for it. The golf clap becomes the appropriate answer at this point...

1 - 20 of 65 Posts