Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a gun. i went out today with the wife and her dad. did some gun shopping and found one i think were gonna go with. If anyone has any gun experience, please let me know what you think. we are looking at getting the Kimber Ultra Carry 2 45 ACP. let me know what you think. i found it for about $750. not a bad price. http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/ultra-carry-ii/ultra-carry-ii

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i need some pointers. and who better to ask than everyone on the internet? :lol:

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
What are you going to use it for??? Pick the right gun for your purpose. Hubby has several rifles, shotguns and handguns...each with a different purpose.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
im looking for a gun. i went out today with the wife and her dad. did some gun shopping and found one i think were gonna go with. If anyone has any gun experience, please let me know what you think. we are looking at getting the Kimber Ultra Carry 2 45 ACP. let me know what you think. i found it for about $750. not a bad price. http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/ultra-carry-ii/ultra-carry-ii
I'm guessing it's for a CHL, I have a few friends that carry this or the SIG P6. You could be like James Bond and carry a Walther PPK.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are you going to use it for??? Pick the right gun for your purpose. Hubby has several rifles, shotguns and handguns...each with a different purpose.
:confused:uhhh to shoot stuff....:lol: just kidding. but really... to shoot stuff. im gonna get a shot gun for home protection. but im wanting a pistol to keep next to my bed, take shooting at the range, keep in my car ......at times.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive looked at alot of guns and 1 thing it has to have is a hammer. i noticed alot that i looked at didnt have hammers. and i want aluminum frame. no platic crap.

·
Registered
396 Posts
There also is Springfield Armory 1911. I have the Trophy Match 1911 45ACP model but that is there competition model. They have other 1911's. We also have the XD .40 Bi-tone, and the XDM .40 3.8 barrel. The XDM is really comfortable, light weight, and larger magazine capacity.

·
Registered
396 Posts
ive looked at alot of guns and 1 thing it has to have is a hammer. i noticed alot that i looked at didnt have hammers. and i want aluminum frame. no platic crap.
LOL never mind was typing the message above when you typed this one. :lol:

But still Springfield Armory 1911's are good.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Check out the Glock 23. Rated one of the best hand guns to carry. I just bought on a few months ago after doing lots of research. You will love it. I got night sights, 2 boxes of ammo and a nice carrying case for under $700 including tax.

·
Registered
189 Posts
kimber makes a really great weapon...hence the price.
for carry down here in fl i carry a .380. either the colt or ruger. not the stop power, but they work really nice in an emergency.
pic has the colt .45 on top and the two .380s below it.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
A forum I frequent has more info than you can possibly imagine about handgun ownership. Very good people too, willing to explain stuff to you and give first had experience and info for your particular gun too:

http://www.thehighroad.org/index.php

I've had a thread going about large/dangerous game rifles and I've learned more in that single thread than I ever thought there was to learn.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Go to a gun range and try several out. You will find the type and caliber that you feel most comfortable with.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
2010 Fth Gen,
Shoot stuff?????????
Around here we shoot deer, rabbits, raccoons, ducks, quail, squirrels, geese, turkeys...get the point.
Guns are for more than just hunting. Sporting clays, skeet, trap, wobble skeet, 3 gun competition, target shooting, long range MOA shooting, 4" groups at 1 mile +, etc. Of course there is also the HD aspect.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
He doesn't want polymer...:(
I feel bad for him because he is missing the boat. Glocks are rated super high by law enforcement and those that want conceal and carry. Their durability and accuracy are top of the line. The tactical equipment that can be added is also great. I wouldn't want anything but a Glock after doing the research.

1 - 20 of 496 Posts