Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
all that just to get into a Ford show? kinda dumb in my opinion.

there are way better things i would do with my time.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
why waste the money to be in a ford show? why not just buy a focus or a fiesta? stupid to me.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Solution...go out and buy American! A-hole! It will be a long time before Honda's fan boys get a legitimate car show put together for themselves. Especially in Canada.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Solution...go out and buy American! A-hole! It will be a long time before Honda's fan boys get a legitimate car show put together for themselves. Especially in Canada.
Well it depends on what you consider "American".

Honda's and Toyotas are assembled in America and even the engines and transmission are built here according to this article:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/06/19/automobiles/20090619-auto-plants-4.html

You can thank Honda and Toyota for forcing the Big 3 to increase the quality of their product. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well it depends on what you consider "American".

Honda's and Toyotas are assembled in America and even the engines and transmission are built here according to this article:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/06/19/automobiles/20090619-auto-plants-4.html

You can thank Honda and Toyota for forcing the Big 3 to increase the quality of their product. :thumbsup:
I'm hearing that argument more and more about how "American" Honda and Toyota are...

I'm sure you've heard this argument before too. Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, and Kia may be made here now...but the only profits that are staying here from them are the wages they pay to their domestic workers...all the rest of the money goes overseas. It's true...and it's kinda sad that people don't understand that.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm hearing that argument more and more about how "American" Honda and Toyota are...

I'm sure you've heard this argument before too. Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, and Kia may be made here now...but the only profits that are staying here from them are the wages they pay to their domestic workers...all the rest of the money goes overseas. It's true...and it's kinda sad that people don't understand that.
So if I bought a Chevrolet Avalanche which is assembled in Mexico would that be OK?

You can't really argue that the earlier Toyotas and Hondas set the quality bar that the Big 3 are just now catching up to.

·
2,774 Posts
So if I bought a Chevrolet Avalanche which is assembled in Mexico would that be OK?

You can't really argue that the earlier Toyotas and Hondas set the quality bar that the Big 3 are just now catching up to.
Iguess a decade of building great cars from GM and Ford is just catching up...:confused:

Problem is people still think of GM and Ford of the late 80's and early 90's.
Couple that with the recalls Toyota decided to hide all this time that are now flooding the showroom. What car has Toyota not recalled?

All it is now is perceived notion of who makes a good and who makes a bad car. GM and Ford have some of the best cars that can go toe to toe with the imports..and its been a few years not..not "just now"

And yes a GM product made in Mexico or Canada is a better resource to have than a Toyota built here in the U.S..
One reason. Canada and Mexico are the U.S.'s two major commerce partners and happen to be on our boarders. Canada and mexico influx millions into buying goods from the U.S. by making products shipped here. Its a give and take and give.
You buy a Toyota yes the workers get the pay the rest goes to Japan..and where does that help our economy is it put back in by buying food and goods? Nope its used in thier part of the world.

Believe me a Toyota or Honda built here is not a good solution to our economic problem.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Iguess a decade of building great cars from GM and Ford is just catching up...:confused:

Couple that with the recalls Toyota decided to hide all this time that are now flooding the showroom. What car has Toyota not recalled?

All it is now is perceived notion of who makes a good and who makes a bad car. GM and Ford have some of the best cars that can go toe to toe with the imports..and its been a few years not..not "just now"

And yes a GM product made in Mexico or Canada is a better resource to have than a Toyota built here in the U.S..
One reason. Canada and Mexico are the U.S.'s two major commerce partners and happen to be on our boarders. Canada and mexico influx millions into buying goods from the U.S. by making products shipped here. Its a give and take and give.
You buy a Toyota yes the workers get the pay the rest goes to Japan..and where does that help our economy is it put back in by buying food and goods? Nope its used in thier part of the world.

Believe me a Toyota or Honda built here is not a good solution to our economic problem.
Hey...I have a Ford and a Chevy in addition to my 2 Hondas. ;)

·
Registered
544 Posts

Amen, brother! Honestly...I have to say that reading your comments is one of the reasons that brought me back to this site after being away 7 months. Modsled AKA sdoomxz, Tim and Adam are a few of the other reasons. I'm glad to be back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts