Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the guys with hair, what do you do when it's time for a haircut?

I typically go to the barber right down the street, he does the basic cut and beard trim for $10, sometimes it's not perfect, but nothing that won't grow back or a little gel can't make look good.

Yesterday my friend and I were hanging out and we went to Fantastic sams. He had some girl shampoo/condition and shave his head for $15, $20 for a regular cut. There were a bunch of young guys in there praying to get the pretty girls but I haven't been to a salon since I was a child.

It's not a money issue, $5/10 extra isn't anything. I'm just wondering what you guys do.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I go to a place called SportClips. They have TVs at every chair that play ESPN nonstop! And the barbers are hot women in referee uniforms :thumbsup:

I sometimes get the MVP package, where they put a steam towel on and massage my face, massage my head, and wash my hair. It's heaven. :D

They have a list of what cuts I get and when, so they just ask if I want what I had the last time.

16 dollars isnt a bad price for what I get

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I go to a barber... CSSM :facepalm: it wasn't bad until you explained the MVP package

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i go to a hair salon... i used to have long shaggy hair, and nobody but an experienced pro was allowed to touch it!

my hair is short now, but i've tried the walk in places like sportsclips, supercuts, etc. and they do a horrible job. the young pretty ones aren't the best, the middle aged cougars are the ones i'm looking for to cut my hair :lol:

i'm anal about symmetry and if one side is longer/shorter than the other i don't hesitate to point it out!

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i used to go to my buddies wife. she works at a salon. after years of going to her, im going back to my barber at the barber shop. i love the atmosphere. much better listening to italians talk sports than women talk gossip.

·
Registered
715 Posts
When I was rockin' the flattop I would go to the Barber (I've never had an acceptable flattop from a salon), now that I've let my hair grow out a bit I prefer a Salon cut (not a budget Salon though).

·
8,984 Posts
I haven't had a professional haircut sine the 90s. After I started loosing my hair, I went Kojak, with a goatee/fu manchu.

The neighborhood kids are scared of me.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I go to the barber. Since I'm thinning out there's really not much any one person can do that another can't. So these days I just go to whoever is closest and more cost efficient.

Back in the days of long hair, however, I went full blown salon. We're talking 2 weeks waiting list stuff. Yeah, I was pretty...ish...

·
Registered
183 Posts
I go to my beautician she works out of her house i usually go once a month.
Sorry, and no offense, but that just struck me as funny. You are obviously secure in your masculinity! :D:lol: Ok, i've had more than a few drinks tonight.

I absolutely hate to shave, and have been balding since I was 17, nearly 3 decades ago. Now I shave my face about twice a week, and shave my head about every 3-4 weeks. It only gets about an 1/8 inch long in that time. I have literally nothing on top anymore, so I'm like kojak with a goatee. Haven't paid for a haircut in 15 years. I'm not cheap, it is just pointless.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Sorry, and no offense, but that just struck me as funny. You are obviously secure in your masculinity! :D:lol: Ok, i've had more than a few drinks tonight.

I absolutely hate to shave, and have been balding since I was 17, nearly 3 decades ago. Now I shave my face about twice a week, and shave my head about every 3-4 weeks. It only gets about an 1/8 inch long in that time. I have literally nothing on top anymore, so I'm like kojak with a goatee. Haven't paid for a haircut in 15 years. I'm not cheap, it is just pointless.

None taken that what she calls herself :lol:;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I go to SportsClips. In the mail I usually get a coupon for a cut for $10.00 to $12.00 from the envelope with all the coupons for various vendors.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
When I used to get my hair cut (I'm a cheap bastard and just buzz myself now when my hair gets long and unruly) I would go to this small barber shop down the road that's owned and operated by a cool Vietnam Vet named Jimmy.
I would make sure to stay away from his wife though..she's the worst.....barber.....ever.
I don't go there anymore because he keeps raising his prices and keeps gutting the small place to make room to shove more chairs in to make more money. When I first started going there there were only like 3 or 4 chairs plus his own partially walled off one and a closet on the other side with a radio on top of it blasting classic rock.
That closet is gone now and in its place are like 2 or 3 more chairs that are totally shoe-horned in there.
There are hardly ever the same barbers there as last time. It's like they get their start and leave shortly afterwards. The only constants are Jimmy (who is hardly there anymore), his wife (who utterly sucks at cutting hair) and some really old guy that comes in every once in a while. When I first started going there I actually ran into the mother of a kid I haven't seen since elementary school. And she wasn't there a month or so later when I went back and never saw her again.
But with the raising costs (started out at like $8 and last time I went, years ago, it was $12) and now mainly questionable quality..I just buzz my own every once in a while.

No hair salon here, I'm a man. ;)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
358 Posts
My daughter is a beautician. She has a chair in her basement. We usually use the bartter system. I fix something and she cuts my hair. I like to leave her a nice tip.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'll be glad when spring gets here so you guys can get back to work on your cars and we can talk about Camaros.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
I go to a salon, and have had the same hairstylist since I was 9. :D

...minus a couple years when I cut my own hair with a clippers (when I kept it REALLY short).
...and minus a couple years in college when I was a cheap-ass and could only afford the $8 at BoRics :lol:

·
8,984 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts