Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All this about the halo lights is new to me. I ordered the RS package, but I guess I just haven't grasped the concept of the purpose of them,:confused: other than a different look. I don't see what good they are for. Kinda like the aftermarket tube lighting you still occasionally see under some cars.

Anyway, do they only illuminate when the headlights are on or can they be turned on separately? Maybe with the parking lights?

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
All this about the halo lights is new to me. I ordered the RS package, but I guess I just haven't grasped the concept of the purpose of them,:confused: other than a different look. I don't see what good they are for. Kinda like the aftermarket tube lighting you still occasionally see under some cars.

Anyway, do they only illuminate when the headlights are on or can they be turned on separately? Maybe with the parking lights?

Halo's are something that were designed and used by BMW Folks since the mid 90's on there E46 series automobiles.
purpose ? Agressive/sportier look !!!!!!!!!!

BMW used this for quite a few years before other automobiles used them on there vehicles first in the aftermarket scene......now they are showing up on New Camaro's.

Halo's are something that can be turned on by turning on the parklamps.
When the headlights are on they are on as well but not noticable until parklamps only are on then you see the little ring.

BMW will always own the HALO's BMW folks are loving it that we are using Halo's to be like them as they put it. Yes they look good on the new Camaro but imo if they were not there I could live without them.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can get "Angel Eyes" (thats what they are called) for all kinds of brands/cars. I got them on my VW Corrado and loving them. Whole point is that it looks cool. I prefer 2 rings on each side tho. When its not really dark, turn only the rings on, thats looks so wicked :)

But together with normal light it still looks good:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
the stock headlights are ugly...the halo's look a lot better.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I would be happier if the halos were the daytime running lights, personally.
That would seem logical, and a lot cooler. How often do you go down the road with just the parking lights on? I don't, unless I turned off the headlights at the base gate in the AM and forgot to turn them back on.

According to the Camaro literature, the daytime running light lights use the fog lights with the RS. If the halos are bright enough, I wonder how hard it would be to rewire the running lights to use the halos instead of the fog lights? Hmmm...

BTW, on non-RS cars, what is used as the DRLs, turn signal lights?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also, who knows how the halo lamps work? Are they a simple 12 volt filament system?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.