Modern Camaro Forums banner

handbulit vs machinebuilt

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which has higher quality? a hand built car/motorcycle or a machine (robot) built one?

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I trust human built quality

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Probably machine built. therefore there aren't a whole bunch of flaws (not proven, but thats what i think.)

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya, what I think is that machines will make the same part over and over again and make it flawless unless some part breaks

a person could never make something perfect over and over again

take a weld for example

·
Registered
486 Posts
Depends.....really. Machine makes parts. People put parts together. A person can see a defect, and select parts to be a better fit...than a machine can.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
i'm saying handbuilt, but only in the sense that it's not the computer running the mill... bang for buck tho, machine is light years better

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Before I answer, my assumption is we're talking mass produced. Not one off custom cars lovingly built by their creator:

There was a time that, unequivocally, the answer would have been hand built, however, that time is not now.

People just don't have pride anymore. They go in to do their 8 or 10 hours and go home. They don't care if the product is subpar, because it will never come back to them.

Machines can be programmed within very tight tolerances. Machines win, until the American workers can find pride in what they're doing.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your car is built!
You make the call.

(the new improved terminator)

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
of course i'm talking about mass production

i'd rather have a robot build my camaro than just people

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'll go with machine built when we are talking mass production. In a low volume high quality situation then I'd have to go with human built.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts