Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
You for real? or stoned this morning?
(about the camaro, yes I know about the VW)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
No, he's serious. I was big into VW's for a long time and I knew a couple people that had harlequins... they are super rare and actually pretty popular. I think it would be weird to see a camaro harlequin though... all the VW people would be like WTF? lol

Actually VW did it with the mk5 rabbit in a silver scheme... let me see if i can find a pic

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
No, I would not buy one. I would be interested in GM getting some more colors for the Camaro line.

Modern versions of the 1st generation colors is still a decent idea. IMO

I'm still pushing for Royal Plum.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
doesnt ford have some colors that resemble the 60's? i think they had a blue and green...both looked like $hit, IMO.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
2010 5thgen,

Ford has used some very good looking retro colors. Competition Orange coming in 2012.

Grabber blue, Yellow Blaze, Ingot silver, etc..

Sunlit gold? I think was a take it or leave it color that was used in 2010.

I like variety, just not all the colors on one car.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
perfect for everyone who can't decide on a color....just get 'em all. :D

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
The only time I've ever seen GM do anything like that (but not for production) was when I was with my dad and he took me on a tour of the Corvette plant. When we visted the skunkwerks area inside the middle of the plant, I saw a weird looking 'vette on a lift. It was circa 1987, before the ZR-1 came out for public consumption. There were rumors about some magical killer Corvette on the horizon, but there it was in front of me- confirmed. On the floor were scattered all sorts of parts, including life-sized balsa wood/plastic LT5 engines and transmissions.

But the body panels were painted all different colors, and looked like it would give the DuPont Nascar car a run for it's money as a multi-colored lollipop. My guess was they were testing color pallette possibilities. The engineers/techs inside "the box" acted like they've never seen a person before and was so estatic to show me around and tell me about the car. I was in the Navy then, and knew how to keep a secret. I told no one about what I saw in there until AFTER they officially released the ZR-1 a few years later to the public. That experience was so cool. I'll never forget that. I referred to it as the Calico Corvette.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts