Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe I'm the only one, but I HATE ambient lighting AND how bright the radio/MyLink displays are.

I find them piercing, invasive, distracting, annoying, and interfere while driving.

I turn my lighting down to the lowest levels possible and it's still not enough.

Am I the only one who hates this stuff?

·
Registered
394 Posts
hopefully i will be able to hate this also.. if i get that 13 1le.. lol...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just got used to it. It doesn't bother me anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I don't like it. It's an unneeded distraction. Besides, I don't need to see my feet when I'm driving.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
It doesn't bother me at all ... your feet when driving? what lighting is that? I guess there may have been an option for that? ... does it really stay on while you are driving? I bought some leds for under dash to do my foot wells but I plan to hook them up so they come on when my door opens ... I figure that has to be possible, but is also the reason I haven't hooked it up yet because I haven't wanted to mess with it ... now that it is warm, it is back on my list ... if I could only keep the **** grass from growing lol.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It is a little bright. The door lighting can be distracting too. I do turn mine down when it gets real dark out too. It is something that you need to get used to I guess. If you couple all of that with the limited view windows it can be distracting. I would rather have the little glow rings in the cup holders like my Challenger had.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I know it cane be a pain to get use to during the eveniing hours but I think your beating yourelf up too much. Give it some more time and I'll bet in time you'll get use to it and not even notice. Your biggest issue is that it doesn't reflect off your windshield glass.

Mail Clerk

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hated it is my '11 SS. The blue was too distracting and bright. Haven't had the opportunity to drive my Z at night yet.

At night, I want to see the road NOT a bright blue light from the radio or from the ambient lighting hitting in me in the face.

Light affects your vision purple. Commonly known as night vision.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I dont notice it because I always turn the lights down as low as I can to where I can hardly read the gauges. The darker the better for these light sensitive peepers!

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont notice it because I always turn the lights down as low as I can to where I can hardly read the gauges. The darker the better for these light sensitive peepers!
AMEN!!!

But it's still not dim enough for me.

I had/have all the info I need on my HUD. No need for all that other garbage.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts