Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering when's the time and what the questions/responses were given by said dealer. Of course, I understand people may wait until Monday and then blow the living hell out of the phones but its still a good inquiry.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
My dealer is keeping a list of people to call who want to place factory orders (I'm #2 on the list:D). They are not taking deposits until they have information like pricing and an idea of when they'll be able to place the orders. They also said they would not be marking up MRSP. If there's anyone else in the area, I'd be happy to let you know which dealer it is.

·
Registered
347 Posts
My local dealer is a long time family friend so hopefully he won't screw me with a mark up! But i have talked to him about it and he said he wasnt making any promises or taking any kind of deposit until he had "official GM details" so looks like i might be able to put money down this up coming week!

·
Registered
318 Posts
:p See, I'd love to deal with Scotty. I really would. But I don't have any rational way of getting my trade in to you, without clocking another 500 miles on it.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
The again, there's always some who's been here a while....SHARING THE CAMARO LOVE! And I'm only a forum post away!
I've already priced it out...

I'll end up spending about $250 on gas on the way home. Add another $250 for hotel and food and $300 for plane tickets (for 2 people). I'm sure there will be some unexpected thing that will cost $200. So, should I happen to come pick up the Camaro from Newman, I'd be spending an extra $1000. Now, this might be moot as I could possibly be saving that much money. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Then, there's always the order it and deliver to your local Chevy dealer option as well....
how does that work? can I order it from you and have the car delivered to NY without paying any extra shipping costs?

·
Registered
349 Posts
how does that work? can I order it from you and have the car delivered to NY without paying any extra shipping costs?
Same question here. I would be very interested in knowing how this works. Do you have to share some of the profits to the dealer the car is going to?

·
Registered
318 Posts
No, I don't recall Scottys last post....but I know you pay the shipping which is fine, seeing as how if you want this car NOW...the cost of shipping may actually be less than having to deal with your local dealers.

I believe the cost of shipping where I live in Florida is approximately 1,000.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
It would be called DROP SHIPPING...We place the order....the car goes to a dealer in your area. Typically, the Predelivery inspection would need to be done before delivery....the receiving dealer would do this. TYPICALLY, dealers cost for a PDI is $200....so that's what we'd pay a receiving dealer....NOW, it doesn't mean a dealer would say "we want $500 for the PDI"....besides, you did not buy the car from them, so they want a pc of the pie. We'd certainly contact a few dealers that you can provide to see if they'd do it for the $200.....or pay the difference, so if it's $500, you 'd pay them $300 (or we can add this into the cars cost and pay them all in one payment. You are more than welcome to contact a dealer in your area to ask what a PDI would cost on a car ordered and dropshipped by another dealer...Hey Tell them your cousin is CAMARO SCOTTY.....they can't beat you up too bad for wanting to buy from a relative at another dealership, can they???? All transactions are done through our dealership. They'd do the inspection and call you to pick up the keys AND YOUR CAR. I would be CLEAR with them, tell them NO INSTALLED FRONT PLATE MOUNT (if any to avoid drilled holes), NO DEALER PLATE FRAME, AND NO DEALER STICKER! MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR, as we will too! But since we never touch the car, it is out of our control. This is the only downside to a dropship order - but less costly than travel, or Private transport.

Just another way I try to share the passion, and work to keep YOUR CAMARO COST DOWN.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It would be called DROP SHIPPING...We place the order....the car goes to a dealer in your area. Typically, the Predelivery inspection would need to be done before delivery....the receiving dealer would do this. TYPICALLY, dealers cost for a PDI is $200....so that's what we'd pay a receiving dealer....NOW, it doesn't mean a dealer would say "we want $500 for the PDI"....besides, you did not buy the car from them, so they want a pc of the pie. We'd certainly contact a few dealers that you can provide to see if they'd do it for the $200.....or pay the difference, so if it's $500, you 'd pay them $300 (or we can add this into the cars cost and pay them all in one payment. You are more than welcome to contact a dealer in your area to ask what a PDI would cost on a car ordered and dropshipped by another dealer...Hey Tell them your cousin is CAMARO SCOTTY.....they can't beat you up too bad for wanting to buy from a relative at another dealership, can they???? All transactions are done through our dealership. They'd do the inspection and call you to pick up the keys AND YOUR CAR. I would be CLEAR with them, tell them NO INSTALLED FRONT PLATE MOUNT (if any to avoid drilled holes), NO DEALER PLATE FRAME, AND NO DEALER STICKER! MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR, as we will too! But since we never touch the car, it is out of our control. This is the only downside to a dropship order - but less costly than travel, or Private transport.

Just another way I try to share the passion, and work to keep YOUR CAMARO COST DOWN.
Thank you very much for that detailed explanation on how that works. Are drop ship dates usually pretty accurate? If they say the car will be there on so and so day, could I hang out at the dealship for the day and actually wait for it? Or is all touch and go? At least that, I could take it off their hands befor the started to drill any holes in it :eek:

Sean

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've already priced it out...
I'll end up spending about $250 on gas on the way home. Add another $250 for hotel and food and $300 for plane tickets (for 2 people). I'm sure there will be some unexpected thing that will cost $200. So, should I happen to come pick up the Camaro from Newman, I'd be spending an extra $1000. Now, this might be moot as I could possibly be saving that much money. I guess we'll have to wait and see...
Hmmm, I am thinking $1000 dollars for a cool story about had you drove across the country to get your car would be worth it. Plus the bonding time to get to know your new baby.

To bring back an old Chevy slogan:
See the U.S.A. in you Chevrolet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The chevy dealership close to me will NOT get any business from me. I went there one time to test drive an old 87 vette. Well, my g/f (wife now) was with me and he told me that he would have to ride with me to drive it. I decided not to test drive it since my wife was with me and i did not want to leave her behind just to test drive that car which didnt look in good shape anyways. I told him nevermind and he gave me his card and walked off. Well, as I was walking off the lot there were two 2002 RS Camaros on the lot. I got the attention of another salesman to see if I could test drive them. Well, he fed me a line of bull that I would need to fill out paperwork to test drive one and he wasnt my salesman and he wasnt going to get the one I was talking to and blah blah blah. I got pissed off and said nevermind then and went to another dealership and test drove 2 camaros. Im sure some people have heard of Bill Heard Chevrolet. The have a lot of dealerships, mainly in the south. This particular one will screw you in a heart beat and ever since I was blown off at that one I will never go back unless I was ordering factory direct and they were NOT getting a dime off of the car.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

Thanks Scotty...I'll keep you in mind if the dealer I've contacted flakes out. I bought a Trailblazer from him and he seemed OK...and has already said no markups...we'll see.;)

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
The chevy dealership close to me will NOT get any business from me. I went there one time to test drive an old 87 vette. Well, my g/f (wife now) was with me and he told me that he would have to ride with me to drive it. I decided not to test drive it since my wife was with me and i did not want to leave her behind just to test drive that car which didnt look in good shape anyways. I told him nevermind and he gave me his card and walked off. Well, as I was walking off the lot there were two 2002 RS Camaros on the lot. I got the attention of another salesman to see if I could test drive them. Well, he fed me a line of bull that I would need to fill out paperwork to test drive one and he wasnt my salesman and he wasnt going to get the one I was talking to and blah blah blah. I got pissed off and said nevermind then and went to another dealership and test drove 2 camaros. Im sure some people have heard of Bill Heard Chevrolet. The have a lot of dealerships, mainly in the south. This particular one will screw you in a heart beat and ever since I was blown off at that one I will never go back unless I was ordering factory direct and they were NOT getting a dime off of the car.
I heard of that dealership....Seach That dealer name and the word "complaints" on YAHOO......I seen a news report where they ran them out of Tennessee........I was amazed!

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Thank you very much for that detailed explanation on how that works. Are drop ship dates usually pretty accurate? If they say the car will be there on so and so day, could I hang out at the dealship for the day and actually wait for it? Or is all touch and go? At least that, I could take it off their hands befor the started to drill any holes in it :eek:

Sean
The rate can vary by dealership. There is no real good way to find out when the cars come in - we get the invoice, and the car shows up 1 to 15 days later on a truck. You'd just have to make it VERY CLEAR before it arrives, and after the dropship is all set up. :patriot:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Then, there's always the order it and deliver to your local Chevy dealer option as well....

A trade in, I can understand though...
I don't trust the dealers around here with doing that. I can just imagine something going wrong and they will try to screw me on something.

Like someone else mentioned, it might be a great road trip. My gf has family up in Toledo, OH that keep pestering us to visit. It might be a good excuse, lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts