Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking thru the service manuals and noticed a couple pages devoted to the headlamp washer system (in volume one). Don’t remember seeing that as an option when I ordered mine. Volume Two also includes information on several engines beside the three I was aware of including the 7.0L!

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I was just looking thru the service manuals and noticed a couple pages devoted to the headlamp washer system (in volume one). Don’t remember seeing that as an option when I ordered mine. Volume Two also includes information on several engines beside the three I was aware of including the 7.0L!
7.0!????? no one told me about this option! i would have totally went for the 7.0 if i had the choice. ****! im irritated if this is an option now.
as for the headlamp washers, it may be a thing for the european edition.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Where are these service manuals you were looking at?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've had the headlamp washers on my minicooperS Clubman and they really help a lot! They also look cool and are concealed under a chrome flap on the actual hallogen light fixture. I think you would enjoy them. I have never had them before this and really like them, especially in the ice and snow. They were part of the "convenience package" with the mini plan.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i think mercedes was one of the first companies to put these on a car back in the day... never could quite grasp the use of it :confused:

you don't see out of your headlights, and light passes through rain so it doesn't hinder visibility at night... i think it was just a thing where they did it just to do it and say they were the first.

·
Registered
169 Posts
They do have them on European Camaros - supposedly they have to. I've seen pictures and inquired and that's what I was told

·
Registered
23 Posts
actually i have to install one because its the law :(

i dont know why but if you have xenon headlights you have to have washers but i couldnt find out why yet...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
actually i have to install one because its the law :(

i dont know why but if you have xenon headlights you have to have washers but i couldnt find out why yet...
Maybe because of the brightness of xenon lamps the diffusion or scattering caused by beads of water is distracting to oncoming traffic at night? I think that's entirely open to interpretation, but that could be the rationalization or complaint behind the law.

·
Registered
42 Posts
They are only useful in places with lots of snow and slush. My trucks headlights get so filthy in the winter the light is dangerously dim at night.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts