Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some good but cheap longtube headers with cats? Im on a budget and i found pacesetter. Are those any good? What are some other good headers?

·
Registered
20 Posts
i just ordered a header to tip set of kooks off ebay for $2000 with free shipping... idk what your price range is, but that was a good deal.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
search will give you lots of options, do you already have a cat-back or axle back exhaust installed? if so which one?

if not:
Texas Speed has the cheapest complete exhaust system i have seen to date; $1650 for headers, cats, and 3" magnaflow exhaust.

LG Motorsports has a full system as well with cats is $1795, one of our site sponsors, Speed Inc. sells this one
----------------------->>>>>

ARH, Stainless Works, and Kooks are probably the highest quality and each one will run you between $2000 and $2600 depending on where you find it.

i would stay away from pacesetter's, there is a reason why they are so cheap ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
JBA 1 7/8" Stainless Long tubes and Cats are about $1200.00 and they come with o2 extensions and everything needed for install.

Pacesetter is ok but they are mild steel and I would only run them if they were ceramic coated.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I did Texas-Speed Long Tubes and Hi-Flow Cats for about $1100 shipped. Do not forget the O2 sensor extensions!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a borla cat back already. I was looking at kooks but im just not sure yet..want to explore all of my options

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A quick question about headers in general..since i already have a cat back system if i went with longtube headers and cats would they fit in the same place as the stock ones or would i have to cut my exhaust?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
A quick question about headers in general..since i already have a cat back system if i went with longtube headers and cats would they fit in the same place as the stock ones or would i have to cut my exhaust?
most quality headers are built to mount up to the stock exhaust with no cutting or welding.... since your cat-back was designed to bolt up to the stock manifolds, the headers and exhaust should line right up... ideally!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is anybody running catless LT headers?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Is anybody running catless LT headers?
i know of someone on here that is... i'll let them reveal themselves if they see it.

from what i hear, you gain a few hp from having no cats... only downside is the exhaust is much louder and of course it is illegal.

if your state doesn't require yearly inspections, then you can get away with it.

if you REALLY wanna run no cats, be sure to buy a catted system, then give the company a call and see if they can send you out off road pipes so you have both options available to you!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
exhaust fumes w/ no cats will also smell a lot worse.

hi-flow cats is the way to go IMO...not worth the extra 1-2 more hp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts