Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, You probably didn't expect to hear from me before the middle of next week, but needless to say my surgery got postponed until Wednesday morning of the 23rd. It was sort of bazaar how it happened. I arrived there at 9:AM and checked in. They took me back to the pre-op room where I got undressed and put on that gown that your butt hangs out. got into bed and then got shaved (chest, stomach and only the inside of my legs all the way down to my ankles. My legs look ridiculous. Hairy on the outside and smooth as a baby's butt on the inside.

Anyway I was all set to go and only had to wait for the surgery that was taking place ahead of me to be over. My wife ask the pre-op nurse if she knew how far along the first surgery was. She checked on her computer and said it was taking an extraordinarily long time. This was around 10 minutes to 12 noon. At noon a guy walks into my room and says he was the doctors assistant and that the doctor wasn't going to be able to do my surgery. They couldn't tell my wife and I if something had gone wrong with the first patient because of the privacy act so we assumed that maybe something had gone wrong. We knew that it was taking way too long though. The assistant said I could get dressed and go back home. It was very strange. I have had 5 other surgeries (3 knee, 1 back and 1 arm) and never had or even heard of anyone being canceled after they were already prepped and ready to go.

I was mentally prepared to get this done on Friday. It takes a while to get your mind in the right frame and then to have this happen resulted in a weird hollow feeling. If the guy in front of me died I wouldn't want the doctor to try to do mine after such a terrible thing. If the robot arm broke, I am grateful it wasn't during my surgery. I just felt empty for several hours. I went out and had a few drinks last night to help relax. (Red wine) Anyway I wanted to update everyone on what was going on.

They promised that I will be the first surgery on Wednesday morning. I have to check in at 5:30 AM and will probably go into surgery between 6:30 and 7AM.

Thanks everyone. You support help me get into the right mind set prior to my intended surgery. I just have to work up to it again, especially if the first guy died in surgery. I sure hope that he didn't. They said the fatality rate is only 1 in 1000, but you never know.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[URL="
[/URL] Everything happens for a reason my friend and this is no different. Wednesday is your lucky day. Relax and take it easy until then. [URL="
[/URL]
That is exactly what my wife said. She said I wasn't supposed to have it and God wanted it moved. So I wait...

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Don't Stress Ur self out, it wasn't meant to be at that time.. Wed will be Ur day and Everything Will work out for the Best!!!!! Still in our Prayers..

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Geez, talk about a roller-coaster of emotions. Hang in there, it's definitely not something you want to go through unless everything/everyone involved is good-to-go. At least you get to show off your sexy shaved legs for a few days.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hello everyone, You probably didn't expect to hear from me before the middle of next week, but needless to say my surgery got postponed until Wednesday morning of the 23rd. It was sort of bazaar how it happened. I arrived there at 9:AM and checked in. They took me back to the pre-op room where I got undressed and put on that gown that your butt hangs out. got into bed and then got shaved (chest, stomach and only the inside of my legs all the way down to my ankles. My legs look ridiculous. Hairy on the outside and smooth as a baby's butt on the inside.

Anyway I was all set to go and only had to wait for the surgery that was taking place ahead of me to be over. My wife ask the pre-op nurse if she knew how far along the first surgery was. She checked on her computer and said it was taking an extraordinarily long time. This was around 10 minutes to 12 noon. At noon a guy walks into my room and says he was the doctors assistant and that the doctor wasn't going to be able to do my surgery. They couldn't tell my wife and I if something had gone wrong with the first patient because of the privacy act so we assumed that maybe something had gone wrong. We knew that it was taking way too long though. The assistant said I could get dressed and go back home. It was very strange. I have had 5 other surgeries (3 knee, 1 back and 1 arm) and never had or even heard of anyone being canceled after they were already prepped and ready to go.

I was mentally prepared to get this done on Friday. It takes a while to get your mind in the right frame and then to have this happen resulted in a weird hollow feeling. If the guy in front of me died I wouldn't want the doctor to try to do mine after such a terrible thing. If the robot arm broke, I am grateful it wasn't during my surgery. I just felt empty for several hours. I went out and had a few drinks last night to help relax. (Red wine) Anyway I wanted to update everyone on what was going on.

They promised that I will be the first surgery on Wednesday morning. I have to check in at 5:30 AM and will probably go into surgery between 6:30 and 7AM.

Thanks everyone. You support help me get into the right mind set prior to my intended surgery. I just have to work up to it again, especially if the first guy died in surgery. I sure hope that he didn't. They said the fatality rate is only 1 in 1000, but you never know.
**** man, I'm so sorry to hear you have to have surgery at all, CyCam. I'm sure everything will be fine and your wife will take awesome care of you!! After the surgery, may you get well quickly and back on your feet so you can drive again real soon!! :thumbsup: :D

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Sounds like Envy AND your wife are correct! Relax and be thankful that you have so many people who love you. We have your back side!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,645 Posts

Had my heart surgery in 2007 so i know what you are going through.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
At least it wont be a long prep time... I would be anxious if that happened to me... Enjoy the weekend:thumbsup:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
This very thing happened to a co-worker. He had this "port" inserted into his heart or something like that. He was all prepped and ready to go for his cancer procedure when the nurse came in and told him, "We have no beds. Go home and we'll see you in a couple days." Frustrating to say the least.

Hope everything works out for you on Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Rick
Are you still on for Wednesday? Let us know caue we are all still here thinking about You and the Mrs's. We are not going anywhere my friend.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have to be at the hospital at 5AM Wednesday morning. Will probably go to the actual surgery room around 6AM. Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. I am getting my mind reset for Wednesday and once again you have helped. It snowed here last night (4 more inches) and I am hoping the roads are clear in the morning. It takes around 1 hour and 20 minutes to get there from where I am staying. But I know there won't be much traffic at that hour in the morning.
I will update everyone when I get released from the hospital either Sunday or Monday.

Thanks again.
Rick

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I have to be at the hospital at 5AM Wednesday morning. Will probably go to the actual surgery room around 6AM. Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. I am getting my mind reset for Wednesday and once again you have helped. It snowed here last night (4 more inches) and I am hoping the roads are clear in the morning. It takes around 1 hour and 20 minutes to get there from where I am staying. But I know there won't be much traffic at that hour in the morning.
I will update everyone when I get released from the hospital either Sunday or Monday.

Thanks again.
Rick
Rick,
Stay positive everything will be just fine and heres to a speedy recovery..Take care

1 - 20 of 52 Posts