Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a while since I have been on. I got super busy with work and other projects.

I am a super moderator, but it has been a long time since I have been active.

I found out this last December that I have rectal cancer. I had a tumor the size of a grapefruit in my rectum area and a quarter size tumor that spread to my stomach area. I had surgery to remove both tumors and am awaiting word on my chemo treatment. This is stage 4.

I just got my first 5th gen yesterday. It is nothing but a shell, but none the less it is a 2010 Camaro. I found it on craigslist for $300. The quarters are dented in. It isn't much, but all I needed to start a drag car project. I plan on hanging on the body panels anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Best wishes for a good outcome with the chemo, I will think send some good thoughts your way. That looks like it will make a great drag car!

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
We will keep you in our prayers my friend!

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Glad to have you back and hope you get good news soon ... If you need us just we will be here for you...

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Welcome back Brandon...Hope you get better soon....Keep you in my prayers

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Best to you, hoping things go for the best.

A $300 Camaro gives you a lot of cash to work with

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Good to hear you're doing better.
Keep a positive outlook. It helps with recovery.
Prayer works too. I know.

Great price for the Camaro shell. With it being just a shell, fixing the quarters should be a lot easier.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Hey Brandon...it's good to hear from you...we really miss you here at MC! There's no one left to keep an eye on me...lol :D

I'm glad to see that you still have a few projects left to finish so you MUST stick around for awhile to see them through. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family in the meantime...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Welcome back Brandon and prayers for a speedy recovery!

And I always have my eye on you Hillary! :poke:

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.
I miss hanging out on here.

I have hired help in my office. I have been doing all the office work since I started the company. I also have someone now in charge of everything else. Once my office help is trained, I should have more free time.

I start chemo tomorrow. I'm pretty scared.:(
I have to take 4 hours there of one chemo drug and then I have to take home a pump that last for 3 days and then go back and get it unhooked on the 3rd day.
If I feel good enough on Tuesday I plan on drag racing my Durango. I'm afraid to try it with my Camaro with the pump, but I am pretty sure the Durango's power will not bother anything.

Envy, I always have projects. Way too many. I have decided to scratch a few, but also added a few. My 96 Camaro LT1 project has been scrapped. I bought a rock crawler that needed some TLC. It ran, but the engine locked up on the 3rd trip out. Thinking about swapping the LT1 to it. Also I just found out that NHRA opened a new class for 13-16 year olds to race full size cars. My local track is hosting these races. My little girl will be 13 in 2 years. They are limited to running 9.0 in the 1/8. I'm looking for a red a4 3.8L 98-02 Camaro for her. Those cars run about 10.5 stock. After a tune, e85 conversion, gears, converter and what ever else is needed to run 9.0-9.1 it should be a good car for the class. I plan to set it up like my bracket race car so that it is very consistent. The car does have to retain all factory safety equipment and have tags. I am still unsure about the rules on tires. I figure I can use this as my second entry at big money races that only allow double entry with a 2nd car.

Earlier this year, I won 2 big money races a $10k(July) and a $5k(September). The second race I won was while I was sick, but before I was diagnosed. I was in really bad shape at the time, but some days I would feel pretty good. Luckily that was one of the days I felt good and I was able to go and win the race. I almost didn't go, but decided to go at the last minute.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Hang in there, your not alone. We are all praying for you...if it's Gods will you will be fine.:thumbsup:

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hang in there, your not alone. We are all praying for you...if it's Gods will you will be fine.:thumbsup:
Thanks very true.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts