Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone-I'm a Chevy guy at heart; my first new car was a '72 Chevelle with a 307. I'm looking forward to more info and specs on the new Camaro. At first I wasn't too excited about it-but now I'm blown away with what Chevy's accomplished. I just hope dealers(are you listening?) don't rape the customers with "added price adjustments" like they have with every other new car that's going to be hot. I'd like a SS with the 400hp engine and a manual tranny. But I suspect I couldn't even get one for less than $40,000 or more. Oh well-It's ok to dream. :cool:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
welcome...from NY.

If the SS is over $40k they wont sell, so I bet it'll be much less...low 30's is what I'm guessing. There's 100's of threads on pricing and at this point nothing's official.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Welcome from long Island, NY. Glad you could join us, friend. If you're a serious buyer for the 5th gen Camaro then I recommend you get in touch with Camaro Scotty. He's a member on here and will be able to get you into your car at or below MSRP.;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot-WOW, everyone is really FRIENDLY here...What a concept. I've gotten ridiculed and laughed at and even cursed at on other forums for my ideas and thoughts. I'm not the sharpest pencil in the drawer fella's-but I'm a car nut at heart. So if my ideas or suggestions might sound insane, just bear with me, ok?
I've been without a car for a while now; and I've been investigating all sorts of new(and old) cars trying to figure out where I'll end up. I also have a possible chance at purchasing a 1996 Impala SS with low miles; but the new Camaro is what I'm really anxious about. Thanks so much for the kind words.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Thanks a lot-WOW, everyone is really FRIENDLY here...What a concept. I've gotten ridiculed and laughed at and even cursed at on other forums for my ideas and thoughts. I'm not the sharpest pencil in the drawer fella's-but I'm a car nut at heart. So if my ideas or suggestions might sound insane, just bear with me, ok?
I've been without a car for a while now; and I've been investigating all sorts of new(and old) cars trying to figure out where I'll end up. I also have a possible chance at purchasing a 1996 Impala SS with low miles; but the new Camaro is what I'm really anxious about. Thanks so much for the kind words.

yup...we're all friendly and for the most part pretty down to earth here. No one here will curse you out...you may get laughed at, but it's all in good fun. You will only get ridicled if you start a thread that's been posted 256 times before (without using the search button first)...AND, not too worry, not too many sharp pencils here either:rotflmao:

keep looking through all the pix from indy...I think you'll opt for the camaro.:)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
welcome to the site from nc but i'm originally from Neptune,NJ(Monmouth County)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ohhh- I forgot. When I was looking at cars in 1972 for my first new car-I also looked at a '72 Camaro RS?(dont' remember) with a 350. It was gold with a black vinyl interior. I wanted it-but the salesman said, " Don't get a Camaro, Chevy's having a hard time selling them, and they're thinking of cancelling the Camaro. You won't be able to buy parts for them." That was enough for my Dad to say, "Nope, no Camaro." I almost got a "72 Heavy Chevy Chevelle Convertible. Orange/White interior. It was too much for our budget. Ah-the memories.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts