Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
As much as I realize the impact this has on ALL Americans in one way or another, this still comes down to a company making some bad decisions, over a LONG period of time, along with poor economic conditions.

I emailed my state reps and Senators to vote NO on the financial bailout but I will email them to vote YES to the automotive bailout. Don't go around thinking the gov't doesn't know the impact, they are well aware.

Now that other greedy people are trying to dip in the automotive bailout pot, it is going to be a pretty nasty situation all around :(

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081111/METRO/811110387/1148/rss25

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
ferrarimanf355: I think you're a special kind of domestic flamer. The kind that doesn't really prove a point, but just angers people by the ability of creating nonsense out of thin air.

Motor Trend isn't GM. They don't control the release date of a GM vehicle. You go to Motor Trend for car reviews- not major news on a Manufacturer, unless it's confirmed by that automaker. For all we know, the Camaro vert's delay is in Rumorville, and the Release dates are still on.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the same rumor mill also said the concept car wasn't going to make it to production.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
look i hope gm can pull itself from this hole they've dug themseleves in and put all camaro models in production even a zl-1(wishful thinking) but if the worst case scenario does happen you may find some solace in buying a chally or a stang.It's still american:patriot:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Are you just like the biggest ass around? i thought u were gonna stay on the Nissan sight? They didnt like u either huh?
I'm super sorry that you can't accept reality and that GM is doomed, bailout or not.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I can't take you seriously. Like at all...
... because I'm being realistic about this situation?

Fine, go ahead and ban me, it won't make a difference, and if/when GM goes under, don't say I didn't tell you so.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
one of the problems with gm is that the camaro is long over due. how long can you show the concept. sell it already.
First off incase you havent read its not a Concept its REALITY !!!!!!!!
You dont build a Winner overnight !
Ford is taking a Car as we speak tweaking it and basically selling the same thing they have used for the past few years.
As for Dodge they took a platform and stuck a body on it and called it the new Challenger and of course its a lead sled.
Dodge builds a challenger gm took the right way around fixed problems and they are building a champion.

Gm has a new platform , New IRS setup , New interior , New motor shall I go on ?

Nothing on this car is from a previous vehicle

I would rather GM have taken there time like they did than give us a POS.

They asked us what we wanted and we told them....guess what ? We are getting it and if we wont get it in the first year they will im sure do what they can in year 2.

As for ferrarimanf355 Opinions are like A$$holes we all have them some are good and some stink like $hit. You are entitled to your opinion however if you think just one minute that you are going to come to a Gm ( Camaro ) Site and talk trash about Gm or a vehicle they offer and get an answer you want to hear then you are obviously wasting your time.

The sky is not falling and we will all wake up tomorrow and be here posting about this wonderful car we will be purchasing.
IF Gm goes bankrupt...Good so be it and lets rebuild with the rebirth of a legend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :patriot:

lets get back on topic please this has become my own worst enemy "STALE and BORING "

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

Fine, go ahead and ban me, it won't make a difference, and if/when GM goes under, don't say I didn't tell you so.

or we'll all look back and tell you that "we told YOU so".:nutkick::blahblah: which will be the case.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I wont look back at him and say anything I will let the hard facts speak for themself and enjoy my new Camaro that will be sitting next to my 69 Camaro.

The car Gm did right the 1st time around and the car gm did right this time around.

Gm didnt want to retro a car 100% like Dodge and Ford did because there's completed the job and did it right the first time around back in 67/68/68.
Gm is building to move into the future :patriot: we are not trying to relive a time that is in the past we are making history :D

·
Registered
4,533 Posts

I don't see why you should get banned, but I think it's odd how you can immediately just turn on GM. At least have some faith.

kthxbye

·
9,152 Posts
one of the problems with gm is that the camaro is long over due. how long can you show the concept. sell it already.
I heard that quite a bit and still disagree.
Only three years from concept to showroom it not bad at all, especially considering it is an all new platform. I think it sounds worse than it is because the Camaro has been off the books for so long.

·
9,152 Posts
I'm super sorry that you can't accept reality and that GM is doomed, bailout or not.

Why would we ban you?

You can be a dark cloud all you want, why don't you start posting some facts or at links to facts to back up what you are saying over and over again? It's almost like you love the attention more than anything else.

We all get the situation at GM and Ford is dire. Do I think GM is 'going away'? No. this country cannot afford to let GM or Ford close their doors for good, think about it...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts