Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
turned to the DARKSIDE!!
I have been trying to figure out what the back seat of the Camaro would be like.SOOOoooo today I went to what I believe is the closet I'm am going to find until the Camaro arrives on scene.
:eek: I went to look at the Challenger. IF the Camaro is anything like the Challenger I will be happy as a pig in mud. I went through all the configurations I could think of and found the rear seating not bad at all.
I was actually (AHEM) kind of impressed with the car. The front seats are really nice (wife was impressed). I like their NAV/Radio setup. Connections for iPod, up to 6 wireless phones, 20 gig hD, USB port. They tried like heck to get me to commit but I held firm, I have not waited this long for the new Camaro to not wait till I can compare side by side.

Question: Have any of the Chosen sat in the rear seat of the Camaro as well as a Challenger? If so what is your opnion?

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Yes I have sat in the back seat of the Camaro.
Honestly it's not bad. It's not as roomy as the Challenger, but that is to be expected since Camaro is a smaller car.

Challenger has the same seats as any other LX car, and they are nice.
Camaro's seats are comparable to the R/T and SRT8 seats.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
hey Fred...did you go for a test drive???

as long as the Camaro's back seat can easily fit a booster seat and my 4 year old mini-me...I'm happy.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Go for it Fred :cool:

I would expect a booster seat might be OK in the back seat of a Camaro, but any child seat in the back of my 2000 GMC Ext Cab Sierra pickup is impossible behind the drivers seat unless you are 4 feet tall :D
I'm 6'3", so I'm expecting the booster seat to be behind the passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
I'm 6'3", so I'm expecting the booster seat to be behind the passenger seat.
No sweat for you, but for a tall passenger, we'll have to see :D

Makes me wish I had a crew cab, but when I think about selling my near perfect ride for someone elses used truck, I cringe :D

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Child seats will fit fine in the back seats of Camaro even with the front seats moved all the way back. :)
:thumbsup::5go::roxor:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
While the seat will fit, what about room for thier feet/legs?

Just wondering, there would have to be more room than in my pickup...
I'm curious about this, too. I've heard I won't need the seat back all the way, but even if I do, is there room for kids to have their legs in the back seat, or do I need to have them removed (kids or kids' legs, you choose).

I don't expect adults to be riding in the back of my car, but my kids sure will be. 10 years old, and he's already 5'0".

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No I

hey Fred...did you go for a test drive???

as long as the Camaro's back seat can easily fit a booster seat and my 4 year old mini-me...I'm happy.
didn't get to test drive. They had just sold their only RT and all that was left were the V6 models. No test driving the SRT8 :) When they get an RT in they will call me and let me drive that one.

:patriot:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
well the challenger is 9 inches longer than a Camaro (think 300C size), so the Camaro would have a little less room in the back.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
My R/T actually came in yesterday at the dealership. Looking forward to picking it up around the end of next week. :) I'll inform you guys on everything.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Lots o' pics and vids, please!

Are you planning any customization right off?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
My R/T actually came in yesterday at the dealership. Looking forward to picking it up around the end of next week. :) I'll inform you guys on everything.
couldn't wait 6 more months for a Camaro???:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
What would make you leave the car at the dealership for a week?

Insert images of Salesmen, mechanics, and lot boys frying the tires off.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Muscle car

1 - 20 of 31 Posts