Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2010 Ls3. The plan is a Magnacharger system, not quite sure on the cam yet, Corsa Exhaust system, and long tube headers.
Question is are getting heads done worth it?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Hi & Welcome to :5go: from Central Texas!!! If $$$'s no issue, Go for it!! Aso :nopics:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
What kind of gain an i looking at by getting the heads done? It will be a pump gas car.
gains depend on other mods. of course you will see more gains with a cam or blower. but if its stock it might be a bit less. with my setup, im hoping for 20rwhp. anything more than that and ill be happy.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
As to how much Hp you will gain with head work it just depends on the cam you use. Good thing about getting head work done you can raise your compression and go with a higher Cam if you want which will also help with the over horsepower.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like a stage 2 type cam. Just have not picked one yet.
I just figured if I get it Ripped that far apart to install the supercharger and cam, I would look at doing the heads as well.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Not sure how to add pics yet Kunk1963.
Here's what Envy told me how to and it all Worked:

You have to host your pictures somewhere. I recommend photobucket.com. Open a free account and upload your pictures...then copy the IMG code and paste it into the Insert Link pop-up window that appears when you hit "Insert Link" in the message box.

It's been awhile since I opened my account...but I think it will ask if you want your pictures public or private. If it does...you must choose public...or nobody will be able to see them.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
texas speed has a nice stage 2 cam pacage. thats what i have. ive been throwing around the idea of porting and lpolishing my heads or buying new ones. i have a pretty good hook up at trick flow, and their not too far from me here in canton.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts