Modern Camaro Forums banner

What color to powder coat RS 20" rims on my CGM 1LT?

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am ordering a 2011 Cyber Gray 1LT at the beginning of the year and wondering if i should paint/powder coat the rims, emblems, and rear tail light bezels flat black or glossy black. I dont want any chrome on the car so everything is getting painted/powder coated.

Please help, Thankyou

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
51 people have viewed this but only 10 have voted in the poll..please give me your opinions..it only take 2 seconds to pick your favorite one

thankyou

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, I saw a CGM tahoe with flat black rims on it today while I was at lunch and I thought it looked dirty.

I am going with glossy black!!

Thankyou everyone
only 1 month until I put in my order

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I think glossy is the way to go. The flat black always looks dirty to me. Like its covered in brake dust or something.
I agree, too. I had the matte black stripe on my trunk and it always looked dirty and really showed water spots...so I wiped it off constantly...lasted about 3 weeks. :lol:

Glossy is definitely the way to go. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Gunmetal Gray

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
i've got cgm and silver stripes. i like the stock wheels on it too.
if ya gotta go with black stripes, go with the gloss.:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am ordering a 2011 Cyber Gray 1LT at the beginning of the year and wondering if i should paint/powder coat the rims, emblems, and rear tail light bezels flat black or glossy black. I dont want any chrome on the car so everything is getting painted/powder coated.

Please help, Thankyou
not trying to be difficult,but if you can live WITHOUT the 20's,you can get the 18" heritage wheels!..they are black,and look simply "outrageous!"..better yet!
no cost to you!..come 'standard" on the car IF ya get the L.S!..."just sayin!"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
only thing about the LS is that you cant get the sunroof or the boston stereo package..and I definately want the rs package because the halo lights and the 20s

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Black Chrome or Gloss... I ended up going Matt but will go to Black Chrome once I find a style that I like and Fit... The Brembo Brakes make it some what hard for fitment...

·
Registered
64 Posts
only thing about the LS is that you cant get the sunroof or the boston stereo package..and I definately want the rs package because the halo lights and the 20s
that's understandable!.(.L.S) is kinda basic,but oooohhh!..those steelies!
look outrageous!..i thought the car had all the equipment i wanted in the (L.S.)
and did i say i liked those 18" ''steelies?"

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
paint the wheels flat black, but paint all the chrome cyber grey. tail light trim,bowties, C A M A R O badging..... everything. i hate the shrome on the camaro. especially around the tail lights.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts