Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm struggling to decide between the Borla Attack or the SLP Loudmouth 1 axleback exhausts. What do you think???? Going on a 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
From what I have read, the Loud Mouth exhaust is extremely loud. Which is good if you like that. But I've seen that some have switched to a different system because it was too loud. Just something to take into consideration...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
im looking for the same.. any other options???

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
This one company on Ebay is selling an entire cat-back for around $570...

The Insynerator is a great price...probably won't be able to beat that price...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi--I just put the slp loudmouth 1 on my 2ss and although it sounds nice i was really a bit dissappointed because i thought it would be loud but it wasn,t as loud as the mrt 1.0 axleback that i put on my v6 2010 1lt.The slp has a deeper sound than the mrt because its on the v8 but was quieter that i had hoped.The slp loudmouth is just a muffler delete so i,m hoping once i add headers it will be louder.

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
If you want loud, just do a resonator and muffler delete. The cats will still muffle it some....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi--I just put the slp loudmouth 1 on my 2ss and although it sounds nice i was really a bit dissappointed because i thought it would be loud but it wasn,t as loud as the mrt 1.0 axleback that i put on my v6 2010 1lt.The slp has a deeper sound than the mrt because its on the v8 but was quieter that i had hoped.The slp loudmouth is just a muffler delete so i,m hoping once i add headers it will be louder.
Post video when you get headers. Here's mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agewgUqDhRw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I started with the Borla S type axle backs. Not much more sound then stock. After calling Borla to ask advise. I wanted to know if I should switch to ATAK for better sound. They told me I'd be better getting the mid section and keep the S type. Like PATRIOTPA said, you need to lose the resonator. The guys at the muffer shop said that basicly, stock there are 3 sets of mufflers on the car. The cat's, the resonator and the box mufflers.
S type Cat backs are plenty loud for me. Its a much deeper, smooth tone and approx. 3 times louder. In the neighborhood, its not a mence but when you get on it.... NASCAR!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts