Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deep breaths...deep breaths....Mike clipped a curb this morning....front rim on driver's side scuffed pretty badly. Is it fixable???? Who do I even bring it to???? OR do I buy a new rim.....now it really isn't too too bad....but I'm slightly neurotic and I won't be happy until it looks perfect again. Oh and trust me...Mike WILL be paying for the repair or cost of new rim.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to be a dick but...

:nopics:
I KNEW someone was going to say that....actually thought of taking one when I posted this...will post one tomorrow as it;s already dark out now

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Wrong thread subject, all is good. Just get it fxed

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
:lol: NO I am not looking for a boyfriend ... 60 or otherwise

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Financially speaking, it would probably be cheaper to just replace the wheel. You can find them on ebay all day long. I definitely Would NOT buy one from the dealership.... They are way over-priced. We have a local wheel-fix-it here in Huntsville, but it normally runs around $200 a wheel.

I had to have one of Jades wheels fixed and it ended up running me $250. That included remounting and balancing the tire, and completely polishing the wheel. For me, it was worth it because to replace one of Jason Rushforth rims run about $600.

·
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr
366 Posts
Financially speaking, it would probably be cheaper to just replace the wheel. You can find them on ebay all day long. I definitely Would NOT buy one from the dealership.... They are way over-priced.
^^^ What He Said^^^ :)

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Do a search online for local repair shops and get bids to see what your going to deal with $$$.

Had a pair of mine fixed local and ran about 100.00 per wheel for the SS smoke color rims.:(

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I researched...just texted a picture of damage to a local company...waiting for them to get back t o me with a quote. I'm on my phone at DMV....will post a pic of the rim when I get home.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
K...here is the damage....gonna cost MIKE $125 to have it repaired

Attachments

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
K...here is the damage....gonna cost MIKE $125 to have it repaired
ouch but I bet he is sick about it ... I know I was when I did my splitter, but my splitter cost me $850 because the edge of the facia rode up over the parking light ... talk about ouch

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
He's getting a break, I need to do all 4 rims, there's back loops that the first owner, put on Shadow some how :facepalm:
and that deserves ...

:nopics:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok... as soon as I get her back, Shadow is at the dealer getting her top fixed, dropped her off lastnight, i'll update when I can :p
Holding you to it....I won't forget

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts