Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have a Hennessey or Lingenfelter package on their Camaros? Tough decision to get it done soon, or wait 3 years until my GM warranty is over. Who likes what and what are your Pros'n Cons???

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I second Lingenfelter. They are the standard when it comes to performance GM, not just another 'stang shop that also does Camaros.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've seen both their work personally and I would say its going to be more personal preference. I love Lingenfelter for the muscle they put in their cars, but I like Hennessey does with the overall packaging they do. I had a Lingenfelter Caddy Sport Wagon blow the doors off my camaro once.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen both their work personally and I would say its going to be more personal preference. I love Lingenfelter for the muscle they put in their cars, but I like Hennessey does with the overall packaging they do. I had a Lingenfelter Caddy Sport Wagon blow the doors off my camaro once.
Do you think Lingenfelter is a better value gain for the long run though? I've read that with a LFE supercharger installed at their facility and tuned by them increases value 70% above KBB.

I plan on keeping this vehicle forever as its my first of hopefully many sport cars. I wouldn't plan on selling. Just pass it on to my kids when I die- hopefully that's more than 60 years from now lol. :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
To be fair, in the long run, either are just about the same. If I were to pass a car off to my kids and it be forever, I wouldn't put a supercharger or turbo on it. Longevity and for value sake they'll do better without. If you're just wanting one for the sake of having one truly either one will do well. I'm a fan of Lingenfelter, but I always love seeing a Hennessey.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I would have to say that I'm a fan of both. I've seen both of their cars in person, every year on the Hot Rod Power Tour and various National Shows.

As for comparing the two, every since John passed away, Ligenfelter has not been the same- IMO. I've been to the facility in Indiana, and I've also been to his personal museum in Michigan, which very few know about. I was a huge LPE fan and supporter. But, because of what you get for the package, I would lean towards Hennessey, or SLP. If I'm going to drop that kind of money on a Camaro, I want the entire package, not just performance. Both SLP and Hennessey tailor their applications to more than just performance. I also like the fact that you can choose different levels of performance.

Best part- The warranty you get with a Hennessey or SLP Camaro. It's just as good, if not better than the Factory GM Warranty..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would have to say that I'm a fan of both. I've seen both of their cars in person, every year on the Hot Rod Power Tour and various National Shows.

As for comparing the two, every since John passed away, Ligenfelter has not been the same- IMO. I've been to the facility in Indiana, and I've also been to his personal museum in Michigan, which very few know about. I was a huge LPE fan and supporter. But, because of what you get for the package, I would lean towards Hennessey, or SLP. If I'm going to drop that kind of money on a Camaro, I want the entire package, not just performance. Both SLP and Hennessey tailor their applications to more than just performance. I also like the fact that you can choose different levels of performance.

Best part- The warranty you get with a Hennessey or SLP Camaro. It's just as good, if not better than the Factory GM Warranty..... :thumbsup:

Wouldn't the warranty by LFE and Hennessy only cover their parts? And also, wouldn't this take away my GM warranty?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To be fair, in the long run, either are just about the same. If I were to pass a car off to my kids and it be forever, I wouldn't put a supercharger or turbo on it. Longevity and for value sake they'll do better without. If you're just wanting one for the sake of having one truly either one will do well. I'm a fan of Lingenfelter, but I always love seeing a Hennessey.
Keep in mind, if I live until I'm 85+, my kids will be in their 50's by then. I'm sure they can handle a supercharged car :lol:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Wouldn't the warranty by LFE and Hennessy only cover their parts? And also, wouldn't this take away my GM warranty?
The warranty that SLP and Hennessy gives you is in addition too. For example, you can go to your local Chevrolet Dealership and order a SLP or Hennessy Camaro directly from them. However, to my knowledge, you can not do that with LPE.

As far as I know, you have to purchase your Camaro and then deliver it to LPE. That is not a dealer option.... I've seen many Callaway, Hennessey, and SLP Camaro's at dealerships with the Factory GM Warranty and the additional warranty provided by SLP, Callaway, or Hennessey.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The warranty that SLP and Hennessy gives you is in addition too. For example, you can go to your local Chevrolet Dealership and order a SLP or Hennessy Camaro directly from them. However, to my knowledge, you can not do that with LPE.

As far as I know, you have to purchase your Camaro and then deliver it to LPE. That is not a dealer option.... I've seen many Callaway, Hennessey, and SLP Camaro's at dealerships with the Factory GM Warranty and the additional warranty provided by SLP, Callaway, or Hennessey.
So are you saying its possibly that I won't void my GM 3yr/36k mile and 100k powertrain warranties?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
So are you saying its possibly that I won't void my GM 3yr/36k mile and 100k powertrain warranties?
Yes, it's completely possible. Go down to your local Chevrolet Dealership and inquire about a Callaway or SLP or Hennessey Camaro. You will buy your Camaro the same exact way you would be an SS or LT. All work covered by them will be completely covered. There are several dealers to include Scotty Camaro that have sold those Camaros....

Google and/or Bing is your friend. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Keep in mind, if I live until I'm 85+, my kids will be in their 50's by then. I'm sure they can handle a supercharged car
Its not your age or your kids I'm worried about. I'm talking more on the value end of the car. By adding these things you're going to lose some of the stock value of the car, and god forbid you blow your motor now you might be giving your kids a car with a non matching motor. Just things to consider if you want to go for the long run of your car.

The upside to going with a Hennessey or another one of these performance shops though is also kinda at the same level as having a Yenko. So to each their own, but there's a reason why you don't see many of those around.

·
Banned
258 Posts
Lingenfelter does not have the poor customer service track record that Hennessey unfortunately has earned. Go Lingenfelter. They offer a 3 year warranty on their work as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts